Used 2006 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Awesome SUV
By Gary Howard

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

From the delivery from Neftin Volvo ( awesome dealership) the XC90 has been my favorite car ever. Rides like a magic carpet and off roads like rhino. I LOVE IT!

lMy first volvo-
By Michele

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I waited 2 yrs for this car! Needed the suv body style, very happy with this! A few minor problems (computer errors). At 25,000 miles, had to replace tires. Not happy about that. Was told its common on Awd suvs?! Would like to know what other owners think about this.

Volvo XC90
By Jeannie

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Volvo XC90 is my new favorite automobile. I am a very particular consumer who spends a great deal of time researching before buying a new auto. This vehicle has been my most satisfying purchase yet. I may never leave Volvo if they keep making this vehicle! It is everything a professional mom could want...both sexy and safe! I am considering a volvo for my son when he gets his lisence soon.

The security on the highway with responsive safe quick maneuvering is my favorite. The luxurious appearance and comforts are top notch.

It needs a compass. I miss not having that feature to help me out of downtown at night or neighborhoods I am not familiar with.

Our experience
By GFamily

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We bought the car because we thought it would be useful, versatile, fun liked the design. We are not disappointed in any way and are happy with our purchase.

The heavy duty rubber floor mats and 3rd-row seats.

More responsive gas pedal in low RPM range.

XC90 Ocean Race Edition
By Bill

2006 Volvo XC90 SUV V8 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I replaced a BMW X3 with this car. As I wanted a little more room, I compared it to the 2006 BMW X5. The ORE is a better value. Hesitant about the V-8, but average mileage is 20.0 mpg in mixed driving. My 2.5L X3 averaged 22 mpg. I gave up 2 mpg for an extra 125 h.p., a smoother ride and more room -an excellent trade off. Excellent storage and cargo space. Very quiet ride.

Ride, performance, split tailgate, quality

Didn't need the third row seat. Should remain an option as it is on the other models.