Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

nice suv
By vince

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car Aug.2009 and 98,000kms but still good condition,I drove from calgary to winnipeg, and its fun to drive,it's only 2.5 cylynder but good in the highway,I love it...

Wood steering,DVD,7 seater

not so sure about this car
By Cleen

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car used from the local Volvo dealer. With only 38,000kms on it & half the price of a new one it seemed like a no brainer. It also came with the entertainment package & third row seating. I want to love this car. I think it is the best looking SUV out there. It handles beautifully it's unassuming & overall a great family vehicle. But. I can't get over how loud the engine is, and how poorly it accelerates. Go up a slight incline it sounds like the transmission is slipping. Coming down a decline, it does the same thing and clunks into gear. It really bothers me. I keep thinking it has transmission problems. Also, at 2500 rpm it revs really loud! It's being traded in for an LR4.

split tailgate, comfortable seats, exterior styling

engine. I seriously can't stand this engine.

In love with my Volvo
By Volvoluvr

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased my Volvo used in 2007 and it had 36,000 miles on it. We had recently had our second child and loved the safety features and quality of this car. (Not to mention it is beautiful) It came with a few flaws, poor fuel consumption and rear doors that don't open wide enough in the back to get kids/groceries misc in and out. Third row is a joke really, no room for normal sized adults. Ok for children but hard to get them in and out. Overall this vehicle made me happy for 3 years and we never had any repairs other than scheduled maintenance. Just traded it in on a minivan due to our THIRD child arriving, but still missing my Volvo. I'll have another one again someday.

Luxurious leather, moon roof, AWD, built in booster seat, smooth ride, beautiful interior and exterior. I loved just about everything about my Volvo.

Rear passenger doors need to be redesigned to open wider to accommodate children, car seats, etc. Better fuel consumption.

2006 2.5T AWD XC90
By Andy

2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great use of space. Either 7 people or lots of cargo space. I live in Colorado and the turbo provides excellent power for high altitude driving. Had some friends compare a Lexus rx with an xc90 on I-70 in the high winds (40-50 mph and gusty) that we sometimes have on the front range, and they said the xc90 was vastly superior. Don't know about the Lexus but my xc90 handles these winds like no other car I've ever driven.

use of space, great ride, safety, good power at high altitude

poor visibility when backing, 3rd row seating costs a little leg room on the 2nd row (it's a laws of physics thing),gas mileage (I'll pay the extra $30 a month it costs in gas for this great car)

V8 loaded & love it!
By Ski

2006 Volvo XC90 V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

110k mi & still drives fantastic! Smooth, powerful, tight handling & fun to drive. Happy with whole drivetrain. Only problem so far was the "infotainment software bug," which was fixed with quick update @ dealer. DON'T get turbo model with "garbage" GM transmission. The V8's avg 1mpg gas penalty is worth every drop! '05+ Yamaha V8 model has better Aisan Warner 6-speed & nice AWD system. Did i mention the significant testicular fortitude?

YAMAHA 4.4 is small & smooth yet BEEFY!