Used 2005 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

Stay Clear
By new jersey

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

We bought our xc90 new. Have had a multitude of problems two wheel bearing hubs rear, steering rack, drive shaft, tie rod ends and two transmissions. Funny thing is my mother bought the same car at the same time and had all the same problems and is going for transmission number 3. good luck to all of us who got stuck with the t-6 nightmare!!!!!

Volvo should recall all 2003-2005 t-6 because of the transmissions.

Not impressed -
By Chris Martins

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

i bought this used with about 33,000 miles on it. It was in the shop about a week after i bought it with many minor problems. I've gone thru tires, ball joints, tie rods, seat heaters, and it goes one. The dash is the exact same dash that is in my wife's Ford Windstar mini van. I the transmission went and i had to wait 4 weeks for a new or rebuilt transmission. The local dealer would not give out a loaner car and is not the best to deal with. I have this car up forsale and i will NEVER by a Volvo again - the loaner i did get for other service repairs were not impressive. I think Volvo will be like Saab before long since Ford is not getting any buyers for Volvo. Wish i bought saab9-7

nice ride and exressways

to many to describe. they should start over. Why is a GM transmission in a Volvo / Ford to begin with. Volvo needs better customer service and stand behind there product.

Bought it new...still love it!
By Leslie

2005 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am thrilled that we did not get the T6. The only con I have is that the tires (originally Pirelli)have been replaced twice - not unusually with an AWD SUV. The 2 things that I had a problem were was the front brakes making a bizzare sound -they put something on the brakes...fixed. The only other thing that happened was I got into the car and the engine would not turn over...dead. Something with the key. Had to have it towed to the dealer. I was hit by a mini cooper on my side door and the car did not move. I have two small children and feel very safe. Was thinking of trading it in for a newer VOLVO XC90 but after reading the other reviews(I have only 52K miles) I think I'll keep it.

Safety,Safety,Safety!Heated Seats,Third Row.

On the child seat - would like to be able to replace the cloth that gets dirty and has ripped.

Unrealistic Expectations
By sean.rowesr

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is by far the most disappointing vehicle purchase I have made. The transmission has gone out three times in less than 70,000 miles. The radiator and multiple hoses had to be replaced and the maint department at the two Volvo dealerships my car has been towed to were rude and unprofessional. The service department actually told me that my car was poorly built and I'd be better off buying a different vehicle. I was told by the manager that the XC90 is plagued with mechanical flaws and the gentleman that brought my car to me from the shop threw the keys on the counter and walked away without speaking. They didn't even give me a new transmission..they stripped one from a car on the lot!

The interior is nice...I enjoy looking at it every time my car is being towed away for a week or more at a time.

Build a vehicle that doesn't fall apart after I spend 60K dollars on it!

Safe and solid ride
By Scarlett435

2005 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD 4dr SUV (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

I love my Volvo SUV! Wish I would have purchased it with the GPS already installed. Have replaced all 4 tires, front & back brakes, front & back rotares, upper engine mount all before 75K miles! But I still love the vehicle.

Heated seats, AWD, comfort

Place to put cell phone and place to put sun glasses. Sticky assec. does not hold well.