Used 2008 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews

3.2 3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

I loved my car until...
By M3

2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am the second owner and the first one had an accident front passenger side. Car was bought ant rebuilt beautifully. I have had it 6 years and I loved it until the transmission went at 95,929 miles. The problem is that cooling fluid leaked into the trans mission fluid. The glycol has no viscosity and the fluid burned and parts started to crumble. The radiator had to be replaced as well. My fist mechanics diagnosed the problem and offered a rebuilt tranny for $2,700 and a 1 year warranty. He could not say what caused the fluid to overheat. I took it to a dealer who confirmed the burned fluid and crumbled parts. (It was still shifting but slipping ) the dealer is replacing with new factory parts with lifetime warranty for $6,700. Wow, big hit for what I would say is a bad design. The link between the tranny and cooling system is plastic and not particularly glycol friendly. I plan to keep the car so the lifetime warranty is important and is having both parts of the problem replaced. But yow, the price is awful. Hey Volvo, you charge too much for parts.

Wagon man
By Wagon man

2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This unit replaced a 2005 XC70, which I managed to total. The difference between the older models and the 08 are night and day. Comfort, ride, interior are all superior. What's not: fuel economy and sprite of the older model. Blame the weight and the engine. I'm sure the T6 models are much more spry. The trade off is the superior ride and feel of the car. Negatives: gas mileage, slower handling. This thing is a tank. One thing I miss from the older model are the heated front seats. If you have the option, get them.

A fine car
By Evelyn Temple-Giebel

2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the car for nine years . Admittedly the mileage is low, but it is like a new 🚗 car. I had some trouble s few years back with the motherboard, which was replaced. Unfortunately, even though the car had very low mileage I had owned it for more than 5 years so it was out of warranty . Love ❤️ my Volvo XC 70!

Great, practical car
By Laura Spears

Great car
By Shoop

2008 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Loved this car. Had it for 8 years. Still running well at 170k and going.
Reading the reviews about leak of power in this engine- don't agree!!!
Excellent engine, nice and smooth. Girlfriend loves it too!
T6 much noisier.
Volvo should continue 3.2L engine.