Used 2006 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

Well built safe car
By johnhon

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned 3 XC70's from 1998 - 2006. My 06 has 142,000 mi on it now and there is no rust showing anywhere and no oil leaks. If you're willing to pay attention to maintenance, then this model will last a long time. Much better build quality than many newer cars. I do a lot of my own maintenance.

WOULD OWN A DOZEN MORE OF THESE CARS!!!!
By Alphonso

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

As reliable as the day is long!! I bought this car because I loved the 240 GL that we used to own!! After buying it, I learned to love it, too! I quickly realized that it had poor resale value, but that was after the fact. But, after developing a network of those to depend upon in case of problems, I understood that in the 55,000 miles that I've owned this car, it hasn't let me down ONCE!! I had to have the front axles replaced by a private mechanic, a wear and tear item and a radiator, again a wear and tear item. Other than that, I've just had to follow the owner's manual and it's been a fabulous ownership experience...and I bought this car with 82,000 miles on it!! On the road, there is nothing like it! It handles superbly and securely! It actually inspires confidence! It's our 'road trip' vehicle because of the confidence that it inspires! I am totally happy with my 2006 XC70, but I tend to shy away from the dealership because of their excessive repair costs. Volvo should outlaw their dealership repair network because they are not consumer friendly AT ALL price-wise! That’s probably why these vehicles have such poor resale value. I am disappointed in this vehicle's resale value, but that behooves me with buying my next Volvo! As I learned from an old Army buddy of mine, “take care of your equipment and it'll take care of you!” Can't say enough good about my XC!! I would DEFINITELY buy another Volvo (used car) since I have my repair network in place....outside of the dealership!

Excellent Used Car Value!!
By Al

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Poor resale value, but plan on keeping it once you buy it!! They seem to be hard to part with and I can't figure why! They're great performing vehicles and God-awful reliable! The aspect that I don't like is that I have to use premium grade fuel! At approximately $.40 per gallon more, I get griped at the tank or the thought of going to the station! The other thing that I dislike is that the back seat leg room is very minimal.

Great Vehicle! But...
By Gabriel Welch

2006 Volvo XC70 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased my 2006 Volvo XC70 at a local auto auction with 137,000 miles on it. The Volvo was a workhorse! I drive my cars fast and hard and the Volvo took a beating. It was fast and smooth. The Volvo was also extremely comfortable. The car was versatile and fun to drive. The Volvo never left me stranded or let me down! It was very reliable however, It had some finicky electrical issues from time to time. Parts for the Volvo are never readily available and they are very expensive. If you plan on keeping up on maintenance you're going to need some deep pockets. The frequency and cost of maintenance on a car like this is insane! I owned a Mercedes Benz previous to the Volvo that was less expensive to maintain. But if you take care of the Volvo, it will take care of you.

Great car
By Jerry

2006 Volvo XC70 Volvo Ocean Race Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

180000 miles love car in snow plenty of power on highway bought new2015 now have 2 xc70s