Used 2004 Volvo XC70 Base Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo XC70

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (77 reviews )

Needs some work
By walterq

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

A lot of road noise, window seals had to be replaced 2x's, still inadequate. When they replaced window seals, primer damaged paint. Radio and interior music enjoyment is terrible. Bearings (3) went at 51,000 miles, 1000 miles over warranty.

safe, great in snow, rain and slop.

correct gripes in my review above, add elec. motors similar to prius.

Fantastic Car
By Jordan

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best all-purpose vehicle you can find. It does everything, it's fun to drive, it's safe enough for babies and fast enough for dads. All-wheel drive is the best for all weather conditions I've driven this car through storms, rain, snowstorms, cross country, etc. and never once felt out of control. The turbocharged engine gives a kick when you need it. It has nice clearance for hopping curbs or going offroad. The only semblance of a complaint is that the gas mileage is on the low side, we average 20 mpg in mixed use driving. But it still beats an SUV in that category. If you need an all-purpose vehicle, but want better reliability than an SUV, this is it.

2004 Volvo XC70
By Tracy

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! It's safe, comfortable and has a fantastic stereo system. My 2 dogs are safe in the back section and it had all the bells and whistles without having to buy up. My lease ends next year and I'm in the process of purchasing this vehilce early I love it so much, I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a great alternative to an SUV.

Stereo, comfortable seats, reduced road noise sun roof, large side mirrors and heated front seats.

Better cup holders for the back seat and a place to put a kleenex box in the front middle area.

Great ride
By Jolene

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Not your typical wagon, not just another mom-mobile, fun, great storage and luxurious without having to drive a truck.

All wheel drive, turns on a dime.

I tinted my windows, looks much better and helps on the hot days.

Soccer mom car does me proud
By tenmiler

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm sorry to be leaving the lease on this car. It's been fantastic, with nothing going wrong other than a turbo boost that was fixed under warranty, and I had never noticed it. This car is GREAT in the mountains, with the turbo at high altitude being a gem. The AWD could use the stability control, but I felt safe in this car. It's no sports car, but it's comfortable, quiet, and reliable. And I'm not a soccer mom!

Turbo, audio system (I had the premium audio package).

Satellite integration, iPod integration, stability control should be standard, the wind noise with a bike rack was unbearable, so I always took mine off when not in use.