Used 2004 Volvo XC70 Base Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo XC70

Base 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic - (77 reviews )

I am in love with my car
By tsumami

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I recently was lucky enough to find a 2004 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD with only 71K miles , fully loaded and in near mint condition.
I have driven Volvos in the past and have wanted another one for years, the XC70 has been on my wish list since that model became available. I was truly amazed by the fact that it handles like a sports car but has the practicality of a station wagon. It handles like a dream on bad roads and gets amazing fuel mileage for this type of vehicle. I recently took it on a road trip and got 31 mpg with the a/c on and driving 75 mph. It is obvious that the former owner took very good care of the vehicle so I was very lucky to find it.

Amazing acceleration with just a small tap of the accelerator, excellent fuel mileage for it's type, sports car handling, doors are still very solid for a 7 year old car, tight turning radius, comfortable ride and excellently equipped. Look forward to the heated front seats this winter and the excellent handling in bad weather. I was caught in a torrential downpour while driving it and it handled like a dream. The sound system is superb and being a bit older, it has CD and cassette. I also love the fact that it has all the excellent safety features that make Volvo famous. It is also wide enough that my drag queen shoulders do not touch my lumberjack sized husband's shoulders while driving.

What a great Car
By Kevin

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was looking for a decent used AWD car for the winter. I purchased this XC70 and I'm totally blown away. I like this 2004 XC70 better than my New 2009 Honda accord. Wish i had bought a volvo sooner..XC70 wagon is a great addition..

AWD, The turbo engine, Auto wippers, Seat are rediculously comfortable.

The fadding of trim..

Great Car
By papatony

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought it used with 92kmiles. This car is probably the best I have owned (VW, BMW, Toyota, Honda and Infiniti). The key is that it is a car that can be everything (sports car, station wagon, SUV, etc.). It drive fantastic and gives you a great sense of comfort and safety. It grips the road and goes. In the big snowstorm we just had, it sped forward regardless of the amount of snow on the road.

Safety, comfort, stability, style, space.

Mileage could/should be better.

I"d buy another one !
By Kelster2

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall good solid vehicle. I went from a mercedes to this volvo. Volvo is more comfortable for my commute and more practical for all those trips to costo and the nursery and the vet.

Front seat comfort, gas mileage - almost 27 mpg on hwy - amazing for a wagon. safety, comfortable on long trips.

headlamp bulbs burn out often, rear hatchback is hard to open, check engine, repairs & service are pricey

Beware of the Bills
By NeverAgain

2004 Volvo XC70 AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The Xc-70 has been a very expensive car to repair with many part failures conveniently occurring right after warranty expiration. Dealer promised to cover but then reneged. Will never deal with Volvo again. Brakes on car are poor full replacement every 30K miles. Would expect more from the safest car in the world. Many other cars that are quieter, better mileage and overall more reliable than this. Deeply disgusted