2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Review: Excellence in most areas excep

2010 Volvo XC60 - Consumer Review

T6 4dr SUV (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Excellence in most areas except the NAVI
By woodinva on

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this vehicle as replacement for Wife's 1999 Ford Explorer (350K miles). Wanted a Boron steel cocoon for the wife, Excellent Safety rating. Xenon lights and decent gas mileage. I got that and more. Upgraded my car to Polestar rating (software upgrade)
My car came with Sirius Satellite
and currently get 20.8mpg with plus (89) gasoline with ethanol can get up to 23 mpg if I use strictly (non ethanol gas and clamp down on my lead foot!)
Navi system ( does not work efficiently but one must buy this to get backup rear camera)
Honestly.. buying a Garmin portable the currently installed cumbersome system which requires you use a remote control & is flawed.

Update 2017: Still own the car have 89k miles now, Volvo CPO car (2 prior Lease owners) Upgraded car to "Polestar Edition Software" option that gives the car 325bhp More HP then the Ford Mustang GT of the same year which has 315! Also changed sterring wheels to the R DESIGN steering wheel when it was discovered my car had almost all the features (interior panoramic sunroof, Adaptive Xenons & adaptive Radar controls that only R design cars have.. Mine is only missing 20 inch wheels & badging... Consequently I am NOT worried about gas mileage. Changed the Pirelli Assemetric-Zero tires over to Michelin Premier LTX tires (V speed rated) and still have spirited although "safe driving". ALL of the Newer crossovers/SUV's that are out have tried to "copy" ALL of the safety features included in this car!!
Except for the dinky Navigation system in this car wouldn't trade it for the world.. In fact my phone has GPS now and I use it with the Bluetooth thats in this cars system without a problem.. Now I can't wait to see & drive the 2018 XC60 Hybrid which might be the only model I 'might' trade up for. But given the fact that my car has one of the last Turbo 6 European Ford powerplants in it that hasn't given me a lick of trouble and I follow all then manufacturers preventative maintenance for the vehicle and all the current Volvo's are 4 cylinder engines [I might not trade up.]...
When not in use I bought a car cover for my XC60 and use it when i am driving my S80 sedan...

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review