Used 2010 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Maintenance can be expensive
By jbatl56

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My 2010 XC60 has been a good vehicle since I bought it used 2 yrs ago. It is very comfortable and with the T6 it's quick off the line. But now at 73,000 miles I'm beginning to wonder if it's not the beginning of the end. Brake vacuum pump needs replacing ($700), sunroof leaks during a hard rain ($500), tires cup regardless of brand apparently, leather is wearing worse than my mom's 1989 Cadillac, the lift gate pistons needed replacement (caught under warranty), brakes wear quickly ($400) and I need a new motor mount ($500). I think that's a bit much for a Volvo with what many consider low mileage. But then again, it's really not Swedish anymore, is it?

Very comfortable seats and ride.

more interior ambient lighting especially door handles and center console.

YAH HOOOOO!
By micheemoo

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This is one hell of ride! Don't let the old Volvo brand name fool you, this car will smoke quite a few vehicles on the road! It is solid, comfortable, stylish, safe and FAST! I really quite love this car, but then again, I have a thing for swedish cars! I was looking to replace my third saab, I test drove all the cars in XC 60's class, the lexus, the audi, the benz, the beamer, I even contemplated the 3.2 litre XC 60, but then I drove the 3.0 litre T6.....Woah! SOLD! I never turned back after that test drive! This car is luxurious, beautiful leather seats, best in class, feels solid, tight drive, just stellar car to move your caboose! I LOVE the power and the feeling is swanky but elegant!

I actually like the BLIS, quite handy, park assist is always awesome especially since I do most of my driving downtown, auto trunk release is great (I am a mom with never an empty hand) very comfortable driver seat for tall people, heated seats for our cold canadian winters, panoramic roof is divine, tow hitch, fantastic premium sound, (my daughter and I blast the tunes to and from school, she is only six but appreciates the sound!) and believe it or not, that 12 volt plug in the trunk does come in handy too. Finishes are nice.

Fuel consumption! My love for this car outweighs the dislike of the horrible fuel consumption. I honestly cannot get much more than 430 km per tank city driving! Yikes! However, on a long highway drive, I surprisingly got over 600 km! Which is not bad, considering the beast of a car that your driving!

Excellence in most areas except the NAVI
By woodinva

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this vehicle as replacement for Wife's 1999 Ford Explorer (350K miles). Wanted a Boron steel cocoon for the wife, Excellent Safety rating. Xenon lights and decent gas mileage. I got that and more. Upgraded my car to Polestar rating (software upgrade)
My car came with Sirius Satellite
and currently get 20.8mpg with plus (89) gasoline with ethanol can get up to 23 mpg if I use strictly (non ethanol gas and clamp down on my lead foot!)
Navi system ( does not work efficiently but one must buy this to get backup rear camera)
Honestly.. buying a Garmin
convertible works better then the
currently installed cumbersome system which requires you use a remote control & is flawed.

Owned for 2 years, mixed bag
By vmerch

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 3.2 AWD new 2 years ago and drove it 26K miles. Towards the end it was a rattletrap. It was so bad that the dealership said that finding where it was coming from behind the dashboard could cause even worse rattles putting it back together. The loose rattles in the tailgate never were fixed from day one. The transmitter in the hatch was loose from the factory. The dealer broke 7 out of the 10 retaining clips "fixing" it. Popping noise in the driver's seat never fixed. Both Bliss cameras were replaced in 2 years. The power steering reservoir/lines were replaced after steering effort was erratic. Great to look at, but not that comfortable on the inside. Overall, quality was horrible.

Highway mileage usually in low to mid 20s on regular gas. Great styling.

I hope that post 2010 Volvos had better quality control. The 2 different dealerships could have resolved many of the issues if they actually tried. They were indifferent at best. After I hit one year, the dealership said that rattles (aka as adjustments) would no longer be made and that I had to pay $125/hr labor for them to try to "fix" it. This was after they acknowledged serious rattles but could never resolve them. I will never buy another Volvo.

Our XC60 Nightmare
By nzgazza

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We live in NZ and bought a new XC60 T6 12 months ago. It now has done 6,500km, and has been off the road for a total of 4 weeks.
The issues

-Engine oil leak - new gasket was fitted
-Since the oil leak repair we have topped -up the engine oil. (still an issue?)
-False seat belt alarms (not yet resolved)
- City Stop activating twice with no obstacles in the way, terrifying my wife and two boys.
-The car failed the WOF due to a leak from the power steering, a new steering rack was fitted
-A new faulty steering pipe had to be replaced
- A fastener was also required the same job

We contacted Volvo Sweden who didn't want to know. Our first and last Volvo, worst car we have ever owned