Used 2006 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo V70

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Great Car
By Steve

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had many Volvos and this is by far my favorite. It has all that you would expect from a Volvo wagon, plus it's fun to drive.

Volvo seats are the best. This car has a great sound system - the engine is fun and I'm getting 22 mpg. Seems the harder I drive it, the better the mpg's are.

Nothing really. The turning radius, but you get used to it.

An excellent family car
By Christopher

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first Volvo I have owned and I have never regretted buying it. The safety features offer peace of mind. The car's performance is very good and reliability is way above average. I have literally had nothing to do but scheduled maintenance + change 2 tires in 3 years. Legroom in the rear seat is cramped a bit for larger adults but teens and kids fit great. The integrated safety seats saved us about $400 because we didn't have to buy new baby seats once our boys hit 3 yrs old. I am contemplating a new XC70 now.

Heated seats, climate control, seat memory, trip computer, cargo space

Deciphering the radio and how to program it was beyond my two university degrees to figure out. The roof rack should be standard equipment.

Better than Ever
By SJF

2006 Volvo V70 2.4 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Volvo and one of my favorites - why? Supportive comfort in front seats, handling control around corners is very good, driveability and great gas mileage. City average 28 and Highway 32. Sound system is very good, really like the system health displays. Husband is very tall and enjoys the ride; great cargo space. Back seats are just okay for adults, better for kids. Only issue in 2.5 years and 33K miles is a small rattle in the driver dash sometimes. Love this car.

Front seats, driveability, better MPG than most hybrids!

Nothing really

06 V70 2.5T
By Mr Vette

2006 Volvo V70 2.5T 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I purchased this car used in March. The fuel economy is not too bad compairable to my 97 Honda Accord. Interior comfort is a little lacking. Performace is good. May buy a used 08 next year if it is more comfortable inside. Car has nav system. I hate it, gets on my nerves! 3rd row seat is also useless

Comfort on highway. Performance,

More positons for drivers seat. My 96 Dodge Ram had more adjustments!

One of the best turbo wagons out there
By Feh

2006 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Very nicely styled, stands out from the average V70. Nice Pegasus 17" rims. Very good inline-5 turbo, twin-intercooled engine. Smooth 6-speed auto transmission. Adjustable continuously control chassis concept suspension is great: click, and you are in comfort mode, another click, and suspension fully tightens. Amazing! Excellent 4-piston Brembo brakes all around. Thick rimmed, sporty steering wheel. Leather-wrapper everywhere. One of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. HU-850 unit is awesome, Nav unit is OK.

Powerful engine. Powerful brakes. Awesome styling. Nice HIDs without the annoying cutoff.

Brakes are really touchy (on/off almost). Fog lights need improvement. Some interior panels need more robustness. Nordkap leather had some dye flaws. Intercooler pipe over the engine is weak, brackets breaks and rubs hood liner.