Used 2004 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

Rides Like a Go-Cart
By Brian Funk

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Yes the V70R can do it all. Absolutly it is an amazing machine. But, however the ride is very rough. You hit small bumps and it's like terrible even on comfort mode. I put a decent dent in the back rim just going over railroad tracks too fast. I sold my V70R within 6 months of having it, just couldn't handle the bumpy ride.

Atacoma leather, over all sporty look, does really handle very well.

Suspension, smoother ride, gas mileage

Extremely Reliable, Extremely Safe & Fun
By MadeInJapan

2004 Volvo V70 2.5T Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is our 3rd Volvo and I would probably rate Performance & Fun to Drive as 10's if it wasn't for also owning a S70 that has an upgraded ECU. But this V70 is just phenomenal! No repairs! It has air bags everywhere even in the pillars so curtain airbags will inflate if you're in a side impact- very safe! We like the power off the line that this car offers and nimble steering although it's a luxury car- great for tireless trips w/ the extremely comfortable seats. Upgraded to IPD swaybars & HD endlinks as well as a drop in K&N air filter. I knew these would make a difference in performance even before I bought the car...and well worth it! Also changed out the donut to a full size spare.

2 FOBs programmed so when either my wife or I open the door, the seats and mirrors are reset correctly to the respective FOBs. Grocery tray in the rear. Arrive rested after driving all day- comfortable heated seats. Easy to do oil changes, transmission flush, other maintenance from forum help.

Not much to improve on, but the cabin filter is a bit hard to get to I suppose and rear seat leg room is a bit cramped. Otherwise, it's perfect. Avoid unnecessary and expensive dealer service. Their support is less than desirable.

God I Love Hot Rod Wagons
By toyesq1971

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My biggest problem with this car is that it's my wife's to drive on the weekdays. She needs it for the kids. I find myself at work looking forward to the weekend, when I get to drive it. As with any Volvo, it's a tank. The brakes are normally quite good, but the V70R brakes stop on half a dime. It feels like it has a lot more than the rated 300 HP. My Boss's S6 wagon just doesn't match it. We have the orange leather interior, which pushes it over the edge to PHAT. Or at least as phat as a Volvo can ever be. A little part of me died when Volve announced this year that they were discontinuing it.

Interior details and seats. Acceleration.

Give more front clearance. I've ripped the bumper off repeatedly.

Volvo V70R
By Jerry K

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, great car for small/growing families. Reliable, even in snow.

Turbocharged engine gives 300hp, still at low insurance costs. Also, 4WD has done great in snow.

Turning radius is quite bad. Fuel mileage (about 17mpg)

2004 V70R
By John Landis

2004 Volvo V70 R 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Car has been great except for the Pirelli P6"s. They wore out in about 15000 miles and were terrible in the snow even when they were new. They were replaced with Micheln Pilot Sport A/S's. They lasted 30,000 miles and were decent in the snow. Except for a bad reverse light switch I have had no problems with the car.

Handling and performance. Great brakes

Don't sell it with Pirelli P6's. They are terrible in the snow and if you get over 15.000 miles on them you'll be lucky.