Used 2000 Volvo V70 Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific V70 model:

My fourth Volvo
By Marc

2000 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

...and my last; hello Toyota!. This car is a disaster, I had a lot of problems from the start: rear axle fell off, blew 3 injectors, catalytic converter, one headlight does not work anymore, driver door cracks, weak air conditioner even after a $2,500 repair, also quite a few false alerts from the check engine light coming on for various defective sensors, and a host of other annoying issues. The Volvo dealers have always this attitude that they are doing you a favor to attend to your car. Also forget about getting an appointment less than a week ahead. The dealer in Hyannis took 3 days to replace one injector (no courtesy car)..

Very comfortable car, great seats, nice ride, great radio,

Insane repair cost, poor reliability of the car in general, poor dealers support: repairs are often not done right the first time but nobody seems to care. The downhill quality of the car and service seem to have started with the Ford takeover of the brand.

disappointed
By noluck

2000 Volvo V70 XC 4dr Wagon AWD

I bought this car based on safety and, what i thought, was reliability. It had 63,000 miles on it, one owner. Pretty car, nice to drive, when it ran. The car was in the shop every month. Nothing was less than 1,000 to fix. The ETS was recalled, car completely lost power on the highway. ABS module went, power windows, wiper motors broke, suspension/shocks needed replacement, 2 starters, brakes, had hatch fixed, gas mileage poor. Overall, I owned it for 3 years and it cost me over $4,000 in repairs. Very disappointed.

Nice looks, felt safe, heavy car

make it more affordable to repair. I would suggest leasing this vehicle, don't own one.

money pit of a car
By takenbyvolvo

2000 Volvo V70 XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought the car and I have put more money into it than what it cost me. I like that it is safe, but I don't like how there are so many problems with it. I will never buy a car from Volvo again, and I am hesitant still on getting a car that is so expensive to repair. Sure it is great in the snow, but that is only like four weeks out of the year that I need it for that. Gas mileage is like a pick up truck and it is so finicky, everything seems to go wrong.

AWD is awesome, modestly comfortable.

Most unreliable car I have ever driven. Money down the drain. Sluggish, awkward drive. Makes me nervous to drive. Don't buy one!

Love my 2000 V70 4 Dr SE Wagon...
By Peatmoss

2000 Volvo V70 SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this wagon 2 years ago with 126,000 miles on it. I'm the 4th owner. As soon as I drove it I liked it. It did have a slight hesitation when accelerating but that turned out to be some sort of air module which was covered by a dealer recall. I got the car back and had the tie rod ends replaced, 4 new tires and an alignment and it runs like a new car... very smooth! I currently have a 177,000 miles and it still runs great! Not sure if it's so reliable because it was built in Belgium (still has the 'Port of Entry' sticker on it). I do mostly highway miles and have consistently averaged 27 - 29 mpg!! My goal is to reach 300,000+ miles!

Smooth ride, good pick-up, comfortable heated leather seats, reliability, gas mileage, safety features.

The one speed intermittent wiper is annoying. My previous vehicles all had multi-speed intermittent settings.

Still going strong
By matkat

2000 Volvo V70 XC SE Turbo 4dr Wagon AWD

Bought used at 123k miles and now with 139k, this has been a great car. It is very solid, drives great, and for me has been very reliable. I've spent a total of $155 over the past 15 months on repairs. I would not hesitate to drive this 9 year old car cross country today. We had a snowstorm this year and the car was incredible. High praise from someone who's lived on Rabbit Ears Pass, CO. It was not pampered by the previous owner but the interior still looks almost new. So the complaints about cheap interiors just don't ring true. Its exterior design has held up well and unless you know Volvos it does not look nine. There is no rust, period.

AWD, comfort, seats (very comfortable), good mileage (28-32 highway), and plenty of passing power due to the turbo. Safety features.

Takes a special wrench to change the oil filter.