Used 2007 Volvo V50 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo V50

View reviews for a specific V50 model:

Great!... but not THAT Great!
By ralf

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven for over 2 years, lease is up in a few months. The negatives are always easier so... Visibility: Ironically, the safety features detract from visibility. I removed the huge rear seat head supports in order to see the small rear window. The front columns are so thick they create a blind spot. Eats up power steering fluid (typical European?)- Have to replenish in less than 1 year. Wind Noise as stated elsewhere. I avoid bumps. It DOES NOT ride like a Town Car. Maybe it's the stock Contis? They're terrible in the snow. Pros: Adequate acceleration, I don't need 0- 60 in 5 secs. Very responsive handling, just don't run out of the expensive PS fluid. Great Looks.

Acceleration. Responsiveness. Auto/Manual tranny.

Better visibility incorporated into design. Why put street tires on an AWD?

By ChrisM

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for just under a year and 16000 kms (10,000 miles). No mechanical problems at all, I have only done two scheduled maintenances on the car. My longest trip has been about 500 kms (300 mi) and the car performed very well. In town mileage has been around 24 mpg (US) and highway mileage in the mid 30s. Service at the dealership has been very good. The factory Continental tires were replaced at 36000 kms and replaced with Nokians. The factory tires never seem to last too long. Still very much enjoying my first Volvo.

Interior and exterior design. More storage than there appears to be. Gas mileage a bit better than I thought it would be.

Like my original review, base engine could use a few more horses.

My First New Car
By jeff

2007 Volvo V50 T5 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first new car, but second Volvo. As you can see, i have put many miles in the comfortable drivers seat. I dread the end of the warranty period. I have traveled to Florida with my two children in car seats, Vermont with my three children in car seats. Plenty of room for a family with reasonable needs. Turbo is a must. I really wanted a sport wagon, having quit the SUV era before it even became popular. Familiar with Volvo's saftey and reliability and overall this car has perfomed. Euro styling, roof rails, turbo, interior cargo space, all were items that I wanted and received in a vehicle.

Euro styling, turbo, comfort and safety

Interior wind and tire noise. Ride is a littel harsh, but handling is great, perhaps a trade off. It would be nice to have a diesel and 5 speed.

First Impressions
By ChrisM

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

I've had the car for only two weeks but here are my thoughts so far. Love the looks both inside and out, the appearance is what sold me on the V50. Excellent seats, smooth shifting automatic trans, reasonable performance from the 2.4i engine. I haven't owned a Volvo before so the long term reliability is a bit of a concern. Early versions of this model seemed to suffer from electrical problems but my research on the '07 models seemed to show they have been worked out. I will post a follow up report after I've put more mileage on it.

Interior and exterior design. Great seats fuel mileage has been higher than expected.

Base engine needs a bit more power.

Great Car !
By Frank

2007 Volvo V50 2.4i 4dr Wagon (2.4L 5cyl 5A)

Had the car for almost a year now and I love it more now than when I bought it. It has the ride of a Town Car and the fuel mileage is great (26-31). I bought the premium sound system and several upgrades and haven't been disapointed one bit. It's a solid car and gives a lot of bang for the buck!

Top notch sound system. Quite smooth highway ride. Good fuel mileage.

Could use a bit more room in the back seat