Used 1998 Volvo S70 Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S70 model:

I will keep it forever
By ShortCircuit

1998 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

This is my 3rd Volvo and its buy far the best to date!! I will always own and drive volvo's. The stereo is fantastic and the fuel economy is brilliant. I dont like how the check engine light comes on all the time and im sick of taking it in for decoding so i now just ignore it. Its unbreakable and the engine loves to rev. 350,000 km and still going strong. Lack of cup holders in Aus delivered S70's. VALUE FOR MONEY!!! I love you my Volvo! xx

Stereo Comfy seats Climate control Easy of servicing Reliability Safety.

Door trim leather comes away after time and lets the whole interior down. Everything else look as good as the day it rolled of the prod line. Some engine plastics.

Great Car
By Mbeck

1998 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan

This was my 4th Volvo and the change in body style took some getting used to. This is an extremely reliable, comfortable and safe vehicle. I have no major problems.My biggest complaint would be the tail lights bulbs seem to go out quickly, the cup holders are pretty skimpy for a $30K (new) car. It has never let me down and been most reliable.

Reliability, safety and styling are the strong points. The large trunk and fold down rear seats have made this a very utilitarian vehicle. I will pass this one to a family member because the high mileage brings down the resale value. But in reality I expect it to run for at least 300,000 miles.

Cupholders, AC, light lie

Underrated and under appreciated
By 1S701

1998 Volvo S70 GLT Turbo 4dr Sedan

Simply put this vehicle is up to the task. I purchased it in 2000 and performed zero maintenance until it was paid for. (4 years). Currently, I replaced almost everything except body parts. That being said this vehicle has over 3 hundred thousand miles and is unbelievably quick. I have run up with 09 Mercedes "C" class of course with ease. So if you can perform your own maintenance that's a plus since most people are absent to how to work on Volvos and you will lose your shirt if you don't have repair skills. Happy driving.

Quick, responsive and with IPD swaybars can handle with the best cars on the market

Bulbs are a pain and the general squeak from old age. But going on 10 years is not bad

Pretty Good
By Knac

1998 Volvo S70 4dr Sedan

I'm a teen driver and this car has been a joy to drive. I have really no problems other than the back lightbulbs not working but it doesn't bother me at all. The S button is really a thrill, my car seems faster than some of the newer cars today.

Love the S button, makes a big difference, the comfort of the seats and styling of it.

Make the lights more reliable, better gas mileage

It's been fun..
By Bo

1998 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo 4dr Sedan

I brought mine at 85k miles. There have been a few bumps in maintance. On multiple trips to Canada, the T5 drove like a champ, surprising power, good fuel economy. But the gliches, the speed sensors (no abs, no odometer, no speedo)evap system replacement. Brakes that sound like a bus. Not too cheap to own if your are not handy. But it is fun to drive. Okay in driving about town, but a hoot on the highway. Currently at 130k, and holding on.

Pin-you-to-the-seat-power. The styling (10 years old and I still get complements), if not in the shop, a fun car to drive.

Well, considering the model in no longer in production, better brakes, multi-speeds on windshield wipers.