2017 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Great card to buy if you’re willing to buy used.
By Will

2017 Volvo S60 Sedan T6 R-Design Platinum 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

Wanted to step up to a luxury car. Couldn’t afford it new and didn’t want to lease due insurance costs in my state. Found that I could see tens of thousands of dollars if I was willing to buy a-year-old model. This website helped me find a low mileage car that was a great deal.

Girly gripe from a guy!
By Geosat1

2017 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Dynamic 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

What? only two cup holders! What? no change holder! Recently purchased this car in Fort Worth TX and drove it to my home in Cocoa, FL (yes I got a great deal.) Gave the car a good workout in heavy rains, little rain, and dangerous I95 s. I found the car to have have excellent acceleration and fuel economy around 30 mpg without ECO engaged. Minor complaints I know, but the center panel has a primitive design. So much wasted space with hidden space pass through and a primitive shifter with no paddles. Should have a rotary shifter which would allow for many more things even my tiny 1.5 liter Ford had them creating a much more space. Also has a less than intuitive SENSUS system, don't get me started on that one! Overall peppy performance and very safe vehicle two of the primary reasons for purchase.

Great car with some puzzling quirks
By Annon

2017 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Inscription 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Interior & truck storage barely adequate. Needed a retrofit to mount Volvo's own roof rack. Great safety features & outstanding highway handling & comfort.

Beware Volvo's City Safety System
By Paul M

2017 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Dynamic 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased a new S60 for many reasons-- the most compelling being the City Safety System. This was my fourth Volvo. All of the ads on this feature made me wonder how I or my family could drive without it. A month after purchase, a man slammed on his brakes in front of me when a child went into the crosswalk (not dissimilar to the TV commercial). My car not only didn't stop but didn't even slow down and rear ended the vehicle in front of me. How could this happen when I had City Safety? I sent a letter to the President of Volvo and was routed to customer service. They sent a technician to check the "black box" and let me know the system worked just fine. Read the fine print in the owners manual, they told me. City Safety really only works in certain condition and the advertising is not accurate. In other words, they mistake is yours. You trusted us. Volvo makes a just fine vehicle -- but this feature does not work. #VolvoSafetyFail

Love my S60 Inscription
By M. Schreiber

2017 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Inscription 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a 2016 S60 Inscription to replace my VW Passat TDI. I have really enjoyed the car and the entire Volvo experience. The S60 is very fun to drive and has many great features. It truly does have amazing seats. I love the Sensus Nav system and radio. My complimentary “Safe and Secure” warranty ( because I was a prior VW owner) includes wear and tear items. Lastly, Volvo has really emphasized customer focused experiences and the Service staff is terrific. I am a very impressed by Volvo!