Used 2005 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

Used S60 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

Review 2005 S60

zawinul, 12/03/2011
2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Best car I have owned...the car is smooth no wobble from the front end tracks very good, it is a pleasure to drive.... would I buy another Volvo... yes. I do take very good care of my vehicles I pride myself on that... if the car breaks down it wont be from neglect. when you want to sell your vehicle show the service records... can't argue about price with a maintained vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Why I Love The Volvo S60, and You Will Too!

Steve Sullivan, 03/22/2017
2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

In a sea of preowned vehicles, finding value is a daunting challenge. The Volvo S60 rises above the rest, especially if you can find one with low mileage (the one I recently purchased was a 2005 with only 63K miles...less than 5,500 miles/year!). What really makes the value pop is not just the mileage, but also Volvo's legendary safety and reliability attributes. Combine that with awesome performance, slick styling (but not ostentatious) and luxurious comfort throughout, and you have a vehicle you wouldn't mind living in, down by the river. It's not the flashiest car out there, but this isn't about form over function. The Volvo S60 has both, in spades, and you'll be thrilled to be sitting behind the wheel of it, feeling the power of the turbo engine pull you forward, while the car's supple leather seating hugs you like a close friend. Power, style, comfort, and of course, safety! Volvo for life!

4.88 out of 5 stars

One Sweet Ride!

Mike C., 07/18/2009
2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I did a lot of research before deciding on the Volvo S60. I now know, after just 3 weeks, that I definitely made the right choice! This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned. The plush leather seats just suck you right in. The driver and passenger areas are very roomy and comfortable. The back seats have no leg room, but that's not an issue with me. I've found the climate control system to be quite nice. My wife always likes it cooler than me, so the dual zone feature is perfect for us. The performance is awesome! I've heard others complain of turbo lag, but I don't get it. The low pressure turbo responds very quickly, so I don't experience any lag at all. I love this car!

4.25 out of 5 stars

Great personal car

dsensing, 12/20/2008
2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car for a commuter or a couple. Very smooth ride and I get 30 mpg on the interstate, better than the Camry this car replaced. All the power I need (2.5T). Best front seats in the business, bar none. Back seat good for kids only; adults can tolerate only if front seats are moved well forward. Good sized trunk. I've had no probs with long steering radius reported in other posts. Best long-range cruiser there is, period, better than Infiniti, BMW or Mercedes I've owned. Very secure driving experience, feels like I'm driving a fast bank vault on wheels. Appearance is very handsome (ruby red ext. with tan leather int., very nice combination). I am very satisfied.

AWD

Martin, 09/21/2009
2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased the S60 in 2008 since it was one of the few sedans offering AWD which I need in the winter. I loved this car since my first drive and almost 2 years later, still am extremely happy. May be the best vehicle I have owned and I'm 65 years old. I would seriously consider purchasing another S60 again. I received excellent service from the dealership. It came with an expended 100k miles, 6 yr warranty which has already paid dividends

4.88 out of 5 stars

The One!

James D, 03/04/2008
2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car had me literally standing in the doorway to my garage shaking my head in disbelief. I never thought I would find a car with the comfort, power, style and the ability to handle Colorado weather rolled into one car! It is definitely a "sleeper"! I don't think the person next to you at the light thinks they could be smoked by a Volvo. It says "family" on the outside and "open me up!" from the inside. This car is extremely fun to drive, undisputably comfortable seats, the best I have ever been in. It looks gorgeous (Nautica Blue) w/o being pretentious and has all the necessary features one would expect from this class of vehicle. I plan to keep this car for my 3 yr. old when she gets older!

4.25 out of 5 stars

Fun to drive, with a few design quirks

PJ, 10/22/2008
T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this as a certified preowned, and have loved it ever since. While there definitely is some turbo lag and torque steer when you punch it, it's still pretty darn quick. Just make sure you hold the steering wheel tightly when you floor it. The seats are so comfortable in the front, but the back seats need more leg room for my two kids. I love the simplicity of all the Volvo controls, but some need changing. The heated seats should turn off automatically when you turn off the car. Also, the door lock button only has one button for both lock and unlock. It should have one for each. Finally, the key fob has a slight delay, and my kids are always a bit too quick on the doors.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Sometimes Newer doesn't mean better!

volvo4ever97, 12/21/2010
2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Newer doesn't mean better! Today I got to test drive a shinny black Volvo S60 model 2005 AWD. (After my recent service prices engaged on our 97 Volvo 850GLT my wife suggested we get a newer car and make monthly payments with full warranties 4 peace of mind) anyhow the 05 S60AWD is very fast/peppy. AWD holds excellent traction in wet/slushy/snowy roads, but not the car for me. Why? Our present Volvo has enough leg-room in the back for 2 adults to sit in while the front occupants are comfy, the S60 has a gap of 4 inches from edge of back seat to back of front seat. Nice car for a little man/woman and maybe babies in the back seat, not for Volvo's advertised 5 passenger (adults).

Comfort, Smooth and quiet ride

C Burniche, 11/12/2015
2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Check or have someone check suspension, over time if not greased properly will cause it to have to be replaced and was told this is usual issue with Volvo s60. Otherwise interior is comfortable and with heated power seats on cold morning glad had them. Sounds system standard sounds just like top of line models. and SAFETY all the airbags it has never did I worry about safety.

3 out of 5 stars

Pre-owned S60 with 31,000 miles

Lincoln224, 07/07/2008
2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car in Honolulu, HI with 31,000 miles. I love the Lunar gold paint and the tinted windows. The AWD seems heavy and solid throughout the suspension, the acceleration is OK, the turbo seems to suddenly kick in and push me back into my seat.

12345...12