Used 2005 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volvo S60

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Great bang for the buck
By daytrip4fun

2005 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I compared the Volvo s60r to similar models from Audi, Saab, and BMW. The volvo provided more performance, luxry, and features for less! This car is extremely fun to drive and handles very well. There are not many of these cars on the road, heads turn when they see this Volvo coming... As far as annoyances, the glove box is of poor design and rattles, the dealerships offer no help. It is an admitted problem with the s60 series. As with most performance cars, it REQUIRES the 91 octane fuel, so be ware of that... The car now has about 4k miles on it, tire are already not gripping as well as they did the first day. Of course, I corner sharply at every opportunity!! Love the car...

AWD, style, power, auto trans with manual shifting capabilities, seats, interrior design/style, front-end looks awesome - semi agressive.

GLOVE BOX and other rattles, xenon fog lamps, LED brake lights, more interrior color options (sand color dash instead of black), don't let FORD touch anything volvo - will never buy again if influenced by FORD, keep seperate. :)

bought 2005 2.5T in November 2004
By 05' S60 2.5T

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is mostly my wife's car and we both like it a lot. Seats are the best and interior features are great and easy to use. Gas mileage around 24- 25 around town and 28-30 on long highway trips and it uses regular gas which at $3+/gl is a huge plus. It is more affordable than comparable Euro Sedans and has been a joy to own so far. I opted for the FWD model because the sport seats in the AWD we saw were not as comfortable and I think the seating comfort makes this car special.

Seats are the best I have encountered. Turbo acceleration is nice and ride is extremely smooth. Gas milage is excellent and it uses regular grade gas. Dealership maintenance is also fee and the car is very affordable to lease.

Turns like a Semi, this is by far the worst thing about the car. The turning radius is so wide that it makes parking a difficult task sometimes. Radio has some odd features. AC controls not apparent to understand. Red/Orange-tint gauges tough to see in sun glare.

Love my S60 2.5T
By Ronee

2005 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Handled like a dream on the Autobahn. Back in the states, on our "POOR" roads and weather conditions, the S60 2.5T holds the road. For a car with a short wheel base, one hardly feels the bumps. I would recomend this car to anyone at any age. Volvo's slogan- "Volvo for Life" is right, it's the only brand I will ever own.

The large trunk, as I can carry 2 golf bags & luggage. The fold down back seat & center arm rest, even fits a 6' Lacrosse stick.

Blind stop when you just can't use your mirrors. Hard to look over passenger.

Great Purchase
By Erica

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just got this car a few days ago and absolutely love it. It's a lot of fun to drive and feels much heavier than my 01 Honda Civic (which I also liked as well) on the road. Great transmission and excellent power. Jury's still out on gas mileage , but for the smooth ride, it's worth it! Also very pleased with all of the safety features. Hope to have the car for a long time to come!

Stereo system,positioning of controls within vehicle interior, steering wheel stereo controls, lumbar seats

Needs inside trunk release

Volvo, not for old geezers anymore...
By Marc A

2005 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I had considered Volvo's several times over the years and I finally got tired of the lousy mileage in my truck and traded it in on a Black Sapphire, S60 2.5T with sport package, gorgeous beige leather interior and premium package (including cool wood steering wheel). I thought I would miss my truck but this car is such a pleasure to drive that I haven't. Nicely refined, good acceleration and surprisingly good fuel economy. There's a little too much body lean and the turning radius is a bit wide but other than that, I am extremely pleased. A GREAT alternative to the 3 series BMW, which are a dime a dozen in south Florida. I get lots of looks and compliments. Highly recommended!

Comfortable, upscale interior (though a little short on rear leg room); great exterior styling and a real delight to drive.

Tighter turning radius. Get rid of daytime running lights. Decrease the space between top of tires and fender for a sportier, "hunkered down" look. BMW does this very well.