Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Perfect Compromise
By Mike

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The objective reviews of this car are right on. On balance, the severe flaws in this car are outweighed by the advantages. I came from an Audi A4. The A4 just "felt" much better but the S60R blows the A4 away in pure speed and power. The S60R is not terribly reliable but more so than the A4. Both cars are expensive to maintain. The A4 was more comfortable inside and the A4 interior is more attractive.The safety features and the standard "extra's" on the S60 far exceed the A4. There is a major problem with the turning radius of the S60R - MAJOR. The rear seat room in the S60R is nothing short of disgraceful. The stock tires on the S60R are dangerous; trammeling.This car is a compromise.

Power, Safety, gizmos (self-dimming mirror, audio system, Nav system, etc..), stealth appearance, wheels, surprisingly good customer service compared to Audi

improve rear seat room, improve turning radius, safer stock tires, more comfortable seats, improve reliability, annoying delay in activating power locks and actual locking/unlocking; severe turbo lag, front bumper WAY too low-gets caught on cement parking lot dividers, very expensive to replace.

R U happy? You bet!
By zooommaan

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

People have definitely hit on the high and low points. This car is Fast and Furious. It goes like a bat out of hell, stops on a dime and handles like a racehorse. It does all this in comfort and safety and looks good to boot! The stereo is awesome, it is always a pleasure to take this car out. However, I always feel like this car would rather be on an autobahn than tooling around town. I am watching the mileage dropping (on the trip computer) daily. It is not a great car to drive slowly, that's the bottom line.

The engine. Truly awesome technology to get this kind of power out of 5 cylinders. The suspension. Love those 3 settings. Brakes are amazing (mine have never squealed). The optional stereo/CD changer is excellent.

A 42 foot turning radius is an embarrassment. Try parking this truck in a tight spot! Need to be very careful with the wheel rims, easily scratched. Optional body molding is too low! I scrape it every day no matter how careful I am. Xenon headlights don't illuminate far enough in front of car.

32,000 miles
By Bodie

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Over 2 years ownership now-premium and sport packages. Pros: very comfortable seats, doesn't look like everything else on the road, reliability, decent performance. cons: turning radius is terrible (my 2005 tacoma double cab is easier to park than the volvo) glove compartment rattles on bumps, road noise. Overall I can't complain, my wife likes her ride, and have had no mechanical issues yet. I enjoy the sport shift when I drive it. I still would have chosen the Acura TL if it were my choice. We also tested the BMW 325, infiniti G35, Mercedes 230 and Acura TL.

Seats,sport shift, looks

Turning radius

Small things bother me
By VV

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my Volvo for over a year now and it's a good car, but I can't get over the radio knob for the pre-set stations, it's a pain to use. Also, there is no trunk release in the car, which means I have to use the unlock function inside the car or on the key fob. Also, there is no where to put trash. The rear seat headrests block my vision, therefore I drive with them down and it looks stupid.

Comfortable seats, automatic lights and the great gas mileage (I get over 31mpg, mostly highway driving). I feel very safe driving the car.

Audible sound when activating the alarm system. Trunk release, better sound system controls.

850,S70,S60 whats next?
By tmorgan4

2004 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had the 850, S70 and now the S60 and this is probably the best car i've ever driven. Great on gas mileage,probably the most seductive sedan on the market and fun to drive. Pound for pound this might be the best european sedan on the market! I love everything about it, I can't even imagine what the next generation s60 will be like.

sexy seductive look...plus it s a Volvo!

interior trunk release control