Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 248 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

A fun Volvo?
By aeroengrpv

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I sold my BMW 328ci looking for a European car that was faster than my Bimmer and found most to be too expensive. Then I found the R. It serves the purpose perfectly. The six-speed manual is a must have. 300 horses, a six-speed, and a suspension that you can dial in with legendary Volvo safety? What more could you ask.

Six-speed, handling, seat warmers, supremely comfortable seats, optional sound system.

Turning radius is worse than my full-size truck! Is that some kind of a joke? Not a big deal compared to all the positives about this car.

A Realistic Review
By 1st European Car

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car looking for an AWD sedan that was good on gas, fun to drive and affordable. After a long search, I settled on the Volvo. I've probably read over 15 editorial reviews, scoured consumer feedback, etc. on this car, and owned it for about a week now, so here is the deal. Reviewers say this car is not the most luxurious, not the fastest nor has the best design. However, it does do all of these things very well, so I think it's the best value of any domestic or Euro sedan. It's extremely comfortable, fast enough and holds the road well, without the hefty price tag of a BMW or Lexus. I love this car, and received a lot of compliments in the short time I've owned it.

Very comfortable seats, excellent ergonomics and controls. Plus, I love the Euro features that most American cars don't have, such as the rear window defrost blower and rear fog light. The AWD is extremely capable (used it in snow and rain already) on dry and wet surfaces. It's just a fun car.

Small back seat, but I knew that before buying. Combined city/hwy fuel economy could be better (avg 21.5), but my hwy is about 30 so I can't complain. Also, the lugnuts have rusted, but I'm told this is very common to Volvo and Saab and dealer is getting me caps for them. Still a great buy so far.

GREAT everyday driver
By Tara

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had this car for a little over one year now, and it is fantastic. I drive it everyday, in every weather condition. Handles great, love the actice chassis controls. Gas mileage is wonderful, as long as you're not constantly in boost. Looks great with the factory body kit..nice and sporty. Highly recommend this car!

Exterior appearance, 6 speed stick shift, HUGE trunk

Turning radius (obviously), 18" rims are easily damaged driving every day, tight back seat leg room, premium gas isn't cheap!!! Factory winglets on front look great, but are certainly NOT practical.

Glorified Yugo
By Doug

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I can agree with the safety and reliability written about this car. The comfort is just marginal. What destroys this car is the turning radius! The car is slow and the gas mileage is average. The interior is sooo small. I have a child seat in the back and it takes over the backseat! Being 6'2" is a real problem with the interior size. Overall, I would never get another Volvo!

Look of car.

Fix the turning radius. Make interior more roomy and comfortable.

Ultimate Volvo Turn On
By Hilltop Volvo Fan

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Volvo epitomizes "safety" to me and most important feature in a car for me was simply a comfortable, safe, and affordable ride until I bought a used 2004 S60R that has completely rocked my world! What a beast! I love the way the car handles, drives, and looks. AWD and lightning fast acceleration and solid braking... man, I am in love!

Seats, chassis controls, and performance.

Terrible turning radius, improve rims to avoid scuffing, better side view mirror views.