Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 247 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volvo S60

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Still Great After 75 Thousand Miles
By KPboy

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I got this S60 hoping it would be reliable, and it hasn't let me down. Year after year it has been problem free. After almost 6 full years of service, it has been the best car I have ever owned. I even live in a mountainous region with constant hill driving and braking, and the S60 manages quite nicely. The only money I have spent on this car since purchase has been for the regular maintenance intervals. If you are looking for something rock solid when it comes to safety and reliability, then this one is the absolute best. I would know, ive had 2 benzes, a BMW and an Audi. This one impresses me more than any of those.

Nice large trunk, Rock-Solid reliability, Nice Audio System Performance, Comfortable and Supportive Seats, Convenient Coat hook on headrest, Firm and precise steering.

Rear legroom is lacking, quicker 2.4 engine, inclusion of station preset buttons, improved center console layout, ability to open trunk while the engine is running.

Trouble in Volvoland
By Clyde Beck

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

In may of 2004 my Fiancée and I traveled to Sweden to pick up my new S60. It was a wonderful experience and most of it was paid for by Volvo. I'm in to my forth year now and early last year I had an issue that never got resolved. While driving one day my side view mirror glass began to wobble. I quickly pushed on it and that prevented it from falling off. Five days latter while making a left hand turn my passenger side view glass mirror fell of and crashed to the ground. I contacted my Volvo dealer where I had been taking my car for service for four years and they replaced the mirrors and charged me. I thought that wasn't right because it had to be a manufacturing defect.

Sound system,great passing power and handling and great milage.

Center console is garbage the color is coming off from very little contact.

Rare Combination
By Reviewer

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my S60R! Few cars in the world can claim high performance, comfort, exclusivity, great looks, all wheel drive, and still get 30 miles per gallon on the highway. It is a jack of all trades, and a master of none, other than being a great all around performance car. I bought the car two years ago with 25K miles and have had a few maintenance issues that have thankfully been covered under warranty; i.e. the HID headlamps pointed down too much and triggered a warning, the radio display went haywire, there in a thumping sound in the rear suspension occasionally when braking, and oh yes, the factory front air dams got torn off in a matter of months.

Power, speed , luxury, looks, and fuel economy.

Better designed air dams.

Great used car purchase
By KeepKeysAwayFromWife

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased 04 S60 2.5T in May 09 with ~60k miles for ~$10k. Although not as tight or responsive as 91 Jetta GLI, car is fun to drive with adequate hp. Suspension is firm, but steering feedback is less than GLI. Seats are very comfortable, but not as snug as Recarro's of GLI. MPG settling in around 21.5 with mix of very short daily commute with 1 hr drives to airport. Even with STC on, the car will squeal tires. Wife would not drive Acura CL, but regularly absconds with the S60!

17" wheels, sound system, auto-stick, rain sensing wipers, exterior styling, decent acceleration.

Finish on inside door pull and center console scrach easily. Equipped with cassette player???? really??? --> 6 disk in dach changer would be much better choice. Turning radius bigger than expected for this size car.

2004 Volvo review
By eturner

2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Have owned two previous Volvo's and now own two 2004 S-60 2.4 sedans. Have driven both long distance and around town and find them to be very enjoyable to drive.

Like the leather interior along with the layout of the interior and the ease of finding all of the different controls.Like the wrap around feeling, like being in a cockpit.

Maybe an upgraded audio, but the one in the car has very good sound.