Used 2004 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Volvo S60

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Is there a better sport sedan?
By jon heberling

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

With IPD ECU and exhaust 335 hp. The Brembo brakes should be on all volvos, they would be a great selling point. Where can one find more comfortable seats? Performance is outrageous. The grip in snow and ice is quite assuring. Not being a racing driver I cannot address subtelties in steering, but I doubt that a BMW M3 or a $50,000 Mercedes could compare to this one. An Audi S4 weighs 300# more, so could not handle as well. A truly wonderful car this Volvo. The atacama leather too is unmatched by the competition.

Lose more weight. Use simpler technology like cranks on windows and for seat adjustment. Also I question the use of huge tires where one must drive in wet conditions.

Great All-Arounder
By Dan

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in Germany and wanted something appropriate for the Autobahn and weather. My requirements were AWD and at least 300 hp, and safety was also a concern. I looked at and drove Audi, BMW and Mercedes. For the price range, there was nothing that compared to the Volvo S60R. An absolute blast to drive and comfortable. Crusing at 130 mph is effortless and very stable. With snow tires, it will drive through anything. Only gripe I have with it is the HORRIBLE turning radius....a real pain while in Europe.

Torque, appearance and comfort

Would be nice if Volvo could tighten the turning radius a bit...it's really bad! Some more hp would also be nice, but you can only get so much out of 2.5 liters.

fun
By Stu

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The last two years of ownership were a joy. Great power, excellent design and workmenship similar to Japanese products.

After a couple years of driving, never got bored with the car. Special order color, I think it's called "shout green", makes it very unique.

Wide turning radius and CD player only holds four CDs. Other then that, a great car.

Lives up to safety reputation.
By Kristi

2004 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I loved this car from the moment I bought it. It drives smooth, fast and is gorgeous. I also recently experienced first hand how safe this car is. My husband and I walked away from a fairly serious accident, with only a bruise apiece. The front end was destroyed and still the doors opened just as easy as the first day I touched it. Unfortunately this car was totaled, but I'll be visiting my dealer very soon for a new one. I'll never buy anything else again.

First Expensive Car ...
By John Sanfilippo

2004 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is very fun to drive. I do not use it as an everyday car so when I do drive it what a treat! The car is clean, smooth, and the sound system is very, very good. (I enjoy music and understand subtles others may not. Try listening to the Beatles "I Am the Eggman" the separation from the Dolby II Pro Logic is unbelievable. Or you Rush Fans listening to "Subdivision" -- you will be blown away.

Great handling. Great 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears. Radio ...

DVD player in the back for long trips (Need to keep the kids entertained.) I would like first gear to be more aggressive.