Used 2003 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Great used value. Safe and sporty
By Popps

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my S60, even with its flaws. In my opinion, the best looking body of any sports sedan. Great reliability history, especially for a Volvo. Let's hope they continue this trend. Ride is good. Peppy, but I'd prefer a bit more power. (I have 2.4T) Interior design is fine, but could be a bit more refined for a luxury sedan. (See Infiniti) Gas mileage is surprisingly good. An excellent used value, as Volvo's don't hold value like a BMW/Mercedes. Again, it's not perfect, but I love mine and doubt you'll do any better for the money in the used market.

Beautiful exterior design, safe and reliable.

A bit more attention to interior detail and Volvo really needs to pack more punch in their base models.

Solid Car
By Nikki

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am on my third volvo and they have maintained their high level of quality. I continue to be impressed with the comfort and useability of the interior. The performance is lacking the oomph that many newer cars have. Great highway gas mileage (I get around 36 MPG highway). The backseat is lacking leg room, but is comfortable with two adults, three is a squeeze. I recommend Volvo to those looking for a comfortable, reliable car.

Moon roof, ergonomically designed seats, power driver seat.

More legroom for passengers in rear, better city gas mileage.

Love it
By Love to drive

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I used these reviews before buying, so I feel I need to contribute. Own an SUV and wanted a "run around" car. It's safe (I have 2 kids) and very fun to drive (I got a manual transimission). The gas mileage is excellent. It has a luxury feel but is sporty. My heated seats work just fine. It handles curves nicely. Took me a while to figure out all the bells and whistles.

Dual temp zones. Backseat vents for air cond/ heat. Sunroof. Safety. Wiper sensors. Large trunk for stroller, diaper bag, etc.

Back seat headrests take up a lot of visibility through back windshield. Homelink would be nice. MP3 plug in would be nice.

Very Comfortable but Brake and Trunk Pro
By allen

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this vehicle 6 months ago - very comfortable to drive and looks great but persistent problems with brakes and trunk. After 5 attempts the dealer finally fixed the trunk alignment problem but they have decided the brake noise is just "normal" for this car. Never had a "normal" brake noise on any of my previous cars (Toyotas and Hondas) The trunk is also too small to fit my golf clubs in without taking two of them out of the bag! Finally I have a low pitched "rumble" at highway speeds that despite three attempts to get the dealer to fix is still present. Car also needs a better coin box.

Style, ride, rain sensitive wipers and seat memory.

Better Brakes, wider trunk, coin box, direct IPod input.

You may have big trouble with S60
By Incubus

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Well, Ford-owned Volvo needs to improve a lot. After riding a year, the engine of S60 stops sometimes during maneuver and the big problem cannot be fixed yet. The suspension is now too soft to give firm ride comfort and the interior makes a rather noisy sound.

The acceleration is still good despite non-turbo 2.4L engine.

Volvo should offer better reliability and build-quality for an automobile maker.