6 of 7 people found this review helpful
Our 2002 Volvo S60 2.4T
By idrum4u on
Vehicle2002 Volvo S60 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
ReviewGood on open highways, terrible ride on rougher roads. Great engine, but terrible car quality overall.
Purchased new with 8K on odometer:
* Before 30K miles:
- Engine mounts broke
- Black smoke from air.cond vents (on inspection Calabasas Volvo reported nothing found.. yeah right)
- some air.cond fans no longer work
- Radio sporadically changes station
- Suspension bushings broke
- Defrost broke - only does 1/2 window
* Before 60K:
- Transmission problems - takes 5+ secs to get in gear
- Roof gutter-tracks paint is pealing
- Plastic ext. trim is popping off
- Plastic ext. trim quickly faded to light gray
- Eng. mnts broke a 2nd time
* much much more..
Best Features* Engine is powerful and very reliable. * Very quiet inside * Comfortabe front seat (no leg room on back seats though) * Excellent on major open highways * Door remotes have memory (for seats, mirrors, etc.) but are expensive ($200 ea if lost)
Worst Features* Redesign transmission (fails too quickly) * Redesign suspension (very rough ride on streets vibrates and breaks everything inside) * Find quality fans for air.cond * Find more reliable radio system
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.