Used 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo S40

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

Wait Until It Gets Older..
By gadawg89742

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have been very disappointed with this car. I've had my S40 for 4 years now. Wait a few years and your AC compressor WILL go out. My friend and I got our S40s, brand new, within a week of each other and both of our AC compressors went out in the same month 4 years later. The quality over time is just not there with Volvo anymore. So I hope all you people who just got your S40's are ready to shell out a few thousand dollars in the next year. I'll be getting a Toyota...

Improve the quality!

A keeper
By ndotym

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car from internet sales new, people say the 2.4I is a low in non perfoming car they don't drive this vehicle on the highway, the turbo would of been nice but I plan to keep this one,
its a blast with power to spare in manual mode. I get looks all the time, just turn 65,000 and my servicing dealer tells me its a keeper, and I will drive it to the wheels fall off. I have the select package black and dark gray interior tetech, no problems just normal servicing, two sets of tires. Volvo did its job with this one. I believe the 2.4 motor should stay in the Volvo line up. great motor.

6 disc stereo, floating center console.

full size spare, I added my own.

Perfect so far
By alice_s40

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This was not the car I was shopping for when I bought it, I was looking at a BMW 330ihad they not sold it I would be driving that and complaining about the oil changes. However I currently have 45k on mine, it's a stick and its a blast to drive. Mine is red so it attracts the looks and questions.
Great gas mileage about 28-32 respectively, it's been driven on some back country roads where traction was an issue and handled it great, snow no problem. All I have done is the oil changes, synthetic blend when The light tells me too..great car, fun to drive, has a little road noise but I replaced the tires and so far so good.

Now having said all these good things nothing btw go wrong.

Stereo, seats, seats material, comfortable back seat, huge trunk, great gas mileage, fast for a 2.4l

The material used to cover the stereo knobs and console is starting to peel away, doesn't exactly scream quality to me. And more storage space and for Petes sake and iPod dock.

CPO - Very Reliable
By JG

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with approx. 20000 mi CPO from my local dealer. I have changed the oil every 5000 mi, not factory recommended 7500. I now have 82000+ miles on the car. I've only had to take it in twice for repairs. Once for something very minor and the second time for the A/C going out intermittently on very hot days in South GA. Thank goodness it was CPO! They replaced the compressor (with new clutch assembly) and it is good as new. (Would have cost a mint had it not been covered under the extended warranty - $1200+) Overall, good entry vehicle into the premium compact sedan market. The 2.4i could use 20-30 more HP, but the MPG is great. Average 27 mixed. 31+ Highway.

Premium Sound System is a must. Aux Jack. Heated Seats. Leather. Sunroof. All good options. Good Steering feel and feedback with a nice, sporty suspension.

Add 30+ extra HP on base engine. Volvo's design has changed lately with the introduction of the XC60 and new S60. This car is starting to look its age with the older headlights and body shape. Look for a redesign in the coming months.

LoyalVolvoOwnerFL
By LoyalVolvoOwner

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my third Volvo. Same color and same engine. So far everything is great. The transmission adapts to the driver (like a fitted baseball glove) I was concerned about what to do after the warranty expires. I can't think of another car that i could get in and feel as excited as i do for the price that i paid, no matter where my destination may be...work, gym, roadtrip, or out to dinner. I don't think this car will ever look outdated. Auto body shop personnel have said great things. Extended VIP warranty is available but only before the orginal warranty expires.

The upgraded stereo with mp3 auxiliary input is outstanding. The upgraded electronic computer display which indicates instantaneous mpg. exterior and interior styling, comfortable seats

the upgraded stereo should not be part of a 3K dollar package. If you are trying to hit the younger market, it should be standard in my opinion.