Used 2007 Volvo C70 Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo C70

T5 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual - (36 reviews )

Secondhand C70
By Darren

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

On drive home from out of state, I got 30mpg with cruise control, even in strong wind. Overall, I average about 21-22mpg in mixed driving, which is not great, but for a heavy turbocharged car with wide tires, it's not bad. The top takes longer to retract/raise than other convertibles, but there is none that looks nearly as good while doing it. Plenty of power out of just 2.5 liter, gobs of torque so minimal downshifting even in mountains. Premium package included Dynaudio stereo, which has extraordinary fidelity at all volume levels.

Flat torque curve; heated leather seats; AMAZING xenon headlight; ingeniously engineered roof system; Dynaudio sound system; Nordic interior design elements (waterfall of aluminum for center stack)

get rid of Michelin original equipment tires for some with better wet weather traction. I fault the tires, not the car.

First ever Volvo
By Carolyn

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never had a volvo. I had a mercedes and this compares to my mercedes, only with a convertible. I have had no problems with the car at all and she is so much fun to drive, I get compliments just about ever where I go! I will have another one and wonder why I waited so long!

styling and convertible , of course

Phone does not work well,the person you a talking too cannot understand what you are saying. I don't use the blue-tooth hook up anymore.

worst car ever!
By paul collica

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I will never buy another VOLVO. This car has had the engine replaced, new brakes, roof squeaks and master computer went. The car in 2 years old and has ony 10,000 miles The biggest waste of $49,000!!! Stay clear of this car

none

discontinue model!

What a great car!
By Doug Caldwell

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought our C70 through the Overseas Delivery Program. You get 2 round trip tickets to Europe (anywhere, anytime, even peak season!), a night at the best hotel in Gothenburg, a free tank of gas (worth about $170!), insurance while you are there, a nice tour and lunch, and of course the car is shipped back. We took the all night ferry to Kiel-a beautiful trip thru the fjords. Ask to book the ferry at the factory, and you get a Volvo discount. We drove thru Germany, France and Belgium then up to Amsterdam, about 2000 mi. The car turned heads everywhere, it gets good mileage and is a practical extravagance. Buy a portable nav with European maps in the US before you go- we didn't, and wish we had

The top is ultra cool-yet practical. Everything works well on this car. Great stereo!

None-it's perfect!

Best Hardtop Under $50K
By manus198

2007 Volvo C70 T5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I wouldn't even consider buying a car without Sirius, locking gas cap, and good gas mileage. This car offers the above with the best audio quality of any car I've experienced. The 6 speed manual with use of 87 octane gets me 21mpg between by highway and city driving. I would probably get better mileage with the suggested 93 octane. That is decent considering the car is built solid and the engine is 2.5L turbo. My only 2 complaints is the driver's left side elbow rest is uncomfortable during long rides. Second I continue to experience small issues with the convertible top software. The car sometimes thinks the roof is open when it isn't so you have to open and close it to reset the sensors.

Hopefully the feature I never have to use which is the safety aspect. Audi makes a good convertible as well, the A4 but the A4 has a poor safety rating unless they recently improved it. Also the wheels and color coded exterior functional door guard lines and built in mirror signalers look fantastic.

With the manual shorter shifts and role back control when starting on a steep incline. Get rid of the CD player and replace with an ipod cradle in the same location. Also move the optional GPS screen so it is combined with the radio/thermostat LCD display. The GPS should also be touch screen.