Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Hate this truck!
By Hate my Toureg

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In the past 16 months we have had too many electrical problems to count; not to mention off the top of my head: 6 radio changes, many wood panel replacements (they crack in the heat & cold - go figure) a leaking moon roof, the power windows have no power at the moment, a squeak in the wheel that the service department "can't figure out", the computer system for the car reads one thing and the service department says another. We have had no luck or help from VW USA - they have "been reviewing the case" for months, no one ever calls us back after promising to do so. Don't not buy this car - i am trading it in tonight for a Ford Explorer - at least at Ford they call me back. Good riddance!

Look up customer service in the dictionary!

my experience
By Preston

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We are very happy with our SUV. It not only does it do well off-road, it is exceptional in the city. We park it on the street and are confident in its safety and reliabilty.

The automatic memory for his and her seating via our personal key settings.

Fun to drive, if and when if ever works!
By grvlguy

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car...hate VW, hate the dealer..Nothing but bugs, problems, cracking wood trim, every week this car has another problem. VW failed on this, but to think the sorry dealership network they have can actually take care of a customer with a $50,000 car is the joke of the century. Run away from this vehicle, VW or America, and the dealerships as fast as you can.

None work long enough to find out.

Sell the company to another owner, preferably one with a good dealer network and a quality control department.

Brilliant SUV
By Henry20

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My parents bought me a VW Touareg as a welcome home gift from College this May. I was excited but at the same time apprehensive because I have heard/read that this SUV has many problems et al. I got it and me and my buddies went up to New Hampshire and it was the best automobile I have ever driven in my life(last car was a 2002 330i)! I had to take it in for a glitch in the airbag system and for a temperature gauge malfunction but have been tremendously satisfied with it! Superb road handling on wet, grueling, everything-nature-throws-at-you New Hampshire backroads and on the highways. I now have 12,500 miles on my Touareg, offroading and highway/city. Definately buy if you have the chance!

The air-suspension is wicked! The navi system is prety cool but takes a bit of getting used to. The seat comfort can't be beat and the sound system rocks! Oh yeah, the acceleration is outstanding for an SUV that weighs 6,000 plus pounds!

I would say that a more refined feeling when you brake would be cool but otherwise I can't really say that I have many complaints. Gas mileage is not the best but it's an SUV, what do you expect. Gas mileage is not the best but it's an SUV, what do you expect.

Touareg the perfect 10 for midsize SUV
By gisela

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is a perfect 10. Quality and performance what one expects from a solid, no mistakes superior build german vehicle. I know what I am talking about. I own a collision repair facility. Seing how some vehicles perform in crashes made me look even harder when I decided to by an SUV. I am absolutely thrilled and do not regret buying this vehicle one second. Recommend this vehicle highly. The fuel economy exceeded the posted sticker by far. I decided on the V6 with Pkg# 2, plus Sound System. That's all I needed. Have several other vehicles, so this one is for my pleasure only. And what a pleasure to drive it is. Advise: Buy it!

Well build inside and out. Compared to other midsize SUV's the Touareg comes with lots of features even in the base model. Volkswagen really has a very good thing going with this vehicle. The Touareg really stands out on top in the midst of the blah of socalled SUV's.

Advertise this vehicle, it's capabilities, standard features and performance, so more people will find out what a true and well build true SUV should be.