If you want your compact crossover to be a rewarding driving machine, the Volkswagen Tiguan should hit the spot. It's not the newest or most spacious vehicle in its class, but it counters with confident, eager turbocharged power and an unusually composed driving feel. Let's find out if the Tiguan is your kind of SUV.
- Taut yet compliant suspension tuning (except R-Line) gives the Tiguan a refined character
- Enthusiastic acceleration from the turbocharged engine
- Upscale interior materials and design
- Low levels of wind and road noise.
- Not as much cargo space and rear legroom as rivals
- Mediocre fuel economy
- Subpar crash test results
- No high-tech accident avoidance features available.