Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Great car unless you use reverse
By sanfrandan

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really like this car with one HUGE exception-every time I back up my brakes screech. It is not a small squeak but a loud, embarrassing screech. When running errands I have to purposely look for parking spots where I will not have to reverse. Really inconvenient. The dealer says it is normal which I find unacceptable. I see on other forums other VW users are experiencing the same issue. This will be my last VW and I cannot wait to unload this one when I can.

Brakes, brakes, brakes

An excellent option
By VW Fan

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just get my Tiguan 2 months ago, 2nd VW, my previous was a Passat 2007 with any complains about it, so after the lease end I decide to change it for a Tiguan 4 motion, the safety sensation in the rain and cornering is amazing. The interior details shows great quality. Dynaudio system awesome; and Xenon lights and memory seat as great thing as well.

engine 2.0T a proved good thing; nice acceleration and power; Dynaudio sound; Xenon Lights, wheels 18in; memory seats; auto dimming rear mirror and rain sense wipers.

better fuel economy; power lift rear gate

Disappointed
By paul m

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

While the Tiguan looks good and is very comfortable to sit in, I do not enjoy driving it. The throttle response when first pushing on the accelerator pedal is non existent, and just never feels normal. VW service says that it is. (Issue addressed in review dated 5/5/10). And changing the vehicle's settings or convenience features always requires pulling out the three ring binder that is the owner's manual. I am disappointed that we did not buy the Honda CR-V, a much better value for the money. (Though we would then see our car everywhere). Since my wife likes to sit higher, she drives the Tiguan. I much prefer driving our 4 year old Acura TSX.

Distinctive style, seating roominess and comfort, overall feeling of good quality.

More cargo space. Offer a non-turbo engine. Fix the throttle problem. Put cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

Sporty, solid, unique
By Lionel Hutz

I am in love with my Tiguan. For a small SUV that competes with the CR-V and Rav4, I just cannot see buying either of those others over the Tiguan. They are just so ubiquitous. The Tiguan really stands out and is a blast to drive. It is every bit as sporty as my wife's A4. Build quality rivals cars costing twice as much. Rides and drives very well. Just so much bang for the buck here I can't possibly see why anyone buys the Q5. I also chuckle a bit when people complain about the gas mileage for a 2- ton SUV with big tires and, in some cases, AWD. If you need more than 22 mpg, go get a Prius and get laughed at.

The radio - program in your favorite songs and artists and it tells you when they are on ANY satellite channel. Build quality. Handling. Brakes. Uniqueness.

Would love to see this thing with a turbo diesel. Um, that's about it.

Best small SUV
By BSLA

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Strong daily high speed freeway cruiser not a interior noise to be heard except for Sirius, solid feel SUV

Panorama Roof, Great AC, Radio, Great seats