Used 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

On the Mark
By dman

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We owned a 2008 Toure for 1.5 years and we love the Tiguan even more ... here are the reasons: 1) Practicality - smaller but not to small to hold 5 adults and luggage! Great gas mileage for SUV 2) Free 3 year maintenance program 3) Overall fun to drive and cost of ownership

Panoramic sunroof and fun to drive, styling and gas mileage

none

The cutest CUV around
By T

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love x 100. We looked at the Rav4, CRV, before deciding on the Tiguan. We have the SE with upgraded seats, pano roof, etc. Looks great, drives great with the fun, peppy 2.0T engine. The suspension seems sporty, so it might be too stiff for some people. We get great MPG (averaging around 28MPG combined!). Seats are comfy & the roof is gorgeous. Interior is great - typical VW quality, lots of storage space too (esp. compared to VW's sedans). Good leg room in the back & plenty of space in the front. Cargo space is a little limited when compared to other CUVs, but it's more than adequate for us and the rear seats fold down easily. Haven't done anything but basic maintenance so far.

multifunction display, panoramic sunroof, exterior design (reminds me of a RC with the funny little antenna in the back!), comfy seats, 2.0T engine found in Audi models

Leatherette/V-tex should've been standard on SE model, maybe more cargo room to compete with the other CUVs, requires premium gas (but we get better mileage with it, so it's a decent trade-off)

High-End Utilitarian Simplicity
By Happa

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up a 2009 SEL with Nav and the panoramic roof and I love it. After years of driving "luxory" AWD vehicles I was looking to simplify ... but didn't want to sacrifice the quality I had grown accustomed to. The SEL Tig was a perfect fit ... simple interior but top notch quality (no cheap plastic dashboards here), comfortable, tight as a drum, good Nav, incredible sunroof, and no real lack of "toys" (bluetooth, backup camera, etc.). I have driven Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti (my last three vehiles in that order) ... and I am VERY happy to be driving the Tiguan now.

Navigation, Panoramic Sunroof, Driving position

Add the options for HomeLink and voice activated bluetooth and navigation (currently not voice activated features)

1 CUTE UTE!!!
By Poojo

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first VW! So far it has been a pleasure to own and drive..I usually trade at least once a year...I think I've owned just about every brand out there..had the Honda CRV & the Toy RAV-4..(BIG YAWN), thought I would try the TIGUAN. Exciting! This is a keeper..So far, I don't have any reason to trade it off! Husband loves the Turbo 2.0. and the 2wd does good in snow. Getting 24 Mpg mixed driving.

Wild Cherry Color, Turbo engine is very quick, Interior quality, Ext. Styling, Quiet ride, Excellent handling. Heated cloth seats! Sun-Roof

Nothing big..Homelink would be nice on SE. Arm rest on doors should be leather like center console, so they are easier to keep clean.

My Last VW
By hsk15kaol

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

From the start I knew we were in serious trouble. Our first problems started less than one week from delivery and they have gone on from then. To list it... Bad sensor in trans, missing parts under front end, gas pedal got stuck under center console trim (VW has no answer on this one, almost killed us!) Power window modulator failure, doors that do not close correctly, and the list goes on. We do not use the panoramic sunroof as it has failed twice and the dealership claims it is fine... okay, right on! Many issues come and go, and it is horrible in the cold and all around a clunker! BEWARE, it is a VW and they are no as reliable as they were... We have owned 10, and this is our last!

Great looks, Great Small CUV with the most legroom in the back seat of any car or SUV in its class. Sadly that is all the good we can find.....

Bring the quality back that VW were known for, my brothers VW Passat wagon TDI is going on 200K, I will be happy to see this one go ASAP! Seems that every VW we have owned since early 2000 has been less reliable and more troublesome. Maint cost are out of this world! Way too costly to own.