Used 2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

POOR PERFORMANCE ENGINE
By N H

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

From the start witht he purchase of this vehicle I have had nothing but issues. First the dealship messed up the paperwork and we were called back in at least 3 times. NOW after a year old the engine just stopped on the PA turnpike, stranded me there for 3 days. The dealer said that the fuel injector ALREADY needs to be replaced! VW left us out there with no help! They said because I was over my warranty by a 1000 miles. Nice 1st time I have ever bought a VW and will be the last! MY GM car's never gave me issues like this in such a new car. Oh and CD's get caught in the CD player, it grinds, but maintenance said it's ok!!

size

ENGINE, front seat squeeks, CD player.

Fuel Injectors
By Tiguan

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car, needing a small SUV for work and had a lot of problems. Since January, its been in the dealership 6 times with fuel injector problems....all under warranty but its getting really frustrating. The last time it was in the dealership, all the fuel injectors were completely replaced and we were hoping that the problem would be solved. Earlier this week- it was the same, driving and the check engine light comes on, then it shakes and acts like its choking, then it dies and gets towed into the dealership.

Tiguan Review at over 48,000 miles
By Butch

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have had this car for over two years and have driven it over 48,000 miles and have had only one problem. The right front head light assembly. The mechanic wrote it up as a problem of the internal mechanical malfunction of the headlight assembly. Other than that our Tiguan has been a pleasure to own and drive.

Ride and comfort when driving long distances.

Diesel engine would be a very nice option in this vehicle. I have owned a number of VW diesels and I don't think you can beat them.

They Leak - Severe Mold/Mildew Issues
By John Gillis

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

OK, the Tiguan is a beautiful vehicle. Performance, handling and finish are best in class. However I have had a serious problem develop in mine, that is related to poor build quality. Mine leaks. Water was entering through back doors and seemingly the front fire wall. This precipitated and extremely bad mildew infestation and the car become undrivable. It is currently with the dealer, after 4 weeks, and they still cannot get rid of the mildew odor. Carpet, underlay, cushions, the works has been infected with this smell (spores). So if you are buying this car be very careful. Car has not been fixed. I have requested it be replaced as it is a very serious health issue.

Drive Quality

Fix the obvious leak problems, or fabrication problems that resulted in said leaks.

Tiguan tiger and iguana for real
By daniel

2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The tiger represents the speed of this car. Iguana for the luxury and smoothness. Amazing car. I think this is the best car I have ever owned I can't even tell you how much this car has impressed me