Used 2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Rabbit model:

DISSAPPOINTED
By BUNNY

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I loved this car... Now I just can't wait to give it back! Seems like the problems just get worse. Air bag light is always on ... Got tired of getting it fixed. Electric Windows seem to have a mind of their own. Then the wipers, lets just say I had to change the motor. Now I have a epc starting problems... That no one seems to be able to figure it out. After reading all these reviews has me worrying able my brake pads... I guess it will never end until I get rid of this car :(

It is fun to drive and handles the road well

The front window... The way the window is made it does not make snow removable easy. You can not pull the wiper up off the window

Great until something happens
By Marissa

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had my Rabbit for 2 years and have loved driving it. The problem with this car is that, when something happens to it (or even when you need an oil change), you'll be put in the poor house. Beware, the Rabbit is very high-maintenance and pricey once off-the-lot. I was lightly rear-ended, small dent: $900. I drove a dirt road leading to a mountain hiking trail and hit a bump, transmission needs to be replaced: $7000. Even an oil change: $90. I will be saving the $7000 needed to put in a new transmission and choosing a reliable, low-maintenance Japanese car, like I had before.

Fun to drive

Impossible to have repaired/serviced away from the dealership, very expensive to maintain

Good Car several problems
By Sean Hunt

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Like most VW's the handling and feel is great. It is a heavy car with a large 5cyl engine. It is a loud engine and the Transmission is not properly tuned for the engine. We had the premium sound system that had the base flare problem...i found a service bulletin on the internet and contacted the dealership and they fixed it under the warranty. The transmission does not downshift until it is almost at a stop. So when the car is going 30mph its still in 5th or 6th gear. And it starts sputtering a bit. Also the tiptronic manual shift has a loss of RPM for a moment in second gear after the shift. And we are noticing a slip and clunk shifting move. I think VW will find a problem soon.

Transmission is not tuned properly for the engine...strangest shift feeling in any car i have owned.

fun but flawed
By cpo

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 07 Rabbit is a great car, very fun to drive and handles well. My MAJOR complaint is the brake system wears out the rear brake pads in record time. This seems to be a design flaw, based on my research. My rear brake pads are completely gone after 21,000 miles.

fantastic car
By radouane

2007 Volkswagen Rabbit Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It's a lovely car. I had one for the past 2 years and I can't say anything disappointing about it. Very fun to drive. I love the interior, especially the at night when I turn on the lights and see the blue and red well designed dashboard. I think it's the best in its class!

dashboard design, power, stability, handling, clutch, sporty transmission, and everything else!