Used 2018 Volkswagen Passat Pricing
List Price $24,995 - $31,650
See other years
For 2018, the Passat gets an updated four-cylinder engine with more power and improved fuel efficiency. A new GT trim level debuts featuring the V6 engine, 19-inch wheels and a sport-tuned suspension. Base models can now add optional driver aids such as blind-spot monitoring and automatic emergency braking.
- Turbo four-cylinder engine accelerates quickly and eagerly
- Ride quality is quiet, cushy and comfortable
- Back seat and trunk are roomy
- New, longer warranty coverage is among the best
- Driving engagement is pretty dull
- no Audi-like electricity
- Transmission's sluggish shifting hinders overall performance
- Touchscreens are smaller than those in competitors' systems
Read full review
Used 2018 Volkswagen Passat for Sale
Deep Black Pearl Metallic Titan Black cloth1,971 miles
Pure White Moonrock Gray w/Quartz Piping leatherette15 miles
Get more for
- Edmunds shoppers save money with a valuation on their trade-in
- Receive offers from our dealer partners fast
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Passat models:
- Forward Collision Warning
- Warns the driver if a front collision with a pedestrian or vehicle seems imminent. If necessary, can apply automatic emergency braking.
- Blind-Spot Monitor
- Uses rear radar sensors to warn driver of vehicles in adjacent lanes. Also illuminates icon in side mirror when a vehicle enters blind spot.
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Warns the driver with a flashing LED of vehicles in the blind spot. Can also apply countersteering to nudge the vehicle back into its lane.
VW Passat for a Golfer
One of the things about the 2018 VW Passat that sold me on the car was the size and space of the rear trunk. The trunk space on the Passat is 15.9 cu. ft. I was going to to buy a Cadillac ATS or a Mercedes C330 however on both cars I could barely get 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk. Even though they did fit there was no room for anything else. I was able to easily put 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk of the Passat and still have ample room for a couple of overnight suitcases, golf shoes and a few other things. I know not everyone is a golfer, but this just illustrates the roominess of the trunk. With the size of the trunk you would think that the size of the interior would be compromised and smaller. This is definitely not true. The interior, especially the rear seats, are very comfortable for adults. The icing on the cake is the exterior appearance of the car. It is very sharp and contemporary. My 16 year old granddaughter summed it up when she said it didn't look like an "old persons car".
Oh What a Ride
Beautiful car , wonderful smooth ride and awesome safety features. The technology is unmatched and the look is elegant and timeless.
Best car to own
VW Passat R-Line beats all other mid size cars in market. Its German build, quality and technology. No complaints. I love R-Line styling over regular Passats.