2013 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Second Review

2013 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

TDI SEL Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

Second Review
By brian_h on

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I posted in November 2012 short after I bought my car. It has performed well w/ mileage averaging around 38-40 mpg with currently 50k on the car and I drive 110 miles/day battling a 2000 foot elevation change into the Wyoming wind in one of those directions.
Still really like and enjoy this car.
There remain a few electronic issues that are dismaying but I will not let them dampen my enjoyment of this car. The only part I have had to have replaced is the heat/AC blower due to freezing up in some subzero weather.

It is now 2017 and I have to sell the care back to VW. I still like the Diesel but as time has worn on the car is having some electrical issues -- I can no longer lock the driver door and the auto-locks try to lock the car from every stop. I have noticed that the Navigation is not remotely accurate in guessing how long it will take to travel any significant distance and as a result I have given up on it and rely almost exclusively on my phone. The Blue Tooth function is still sluggish as ever at connecting.

I do plan to get another Passat, but I will miss the mileage. Hopefully some of the functionality of a new model will be better. I will let you know.

• Fuel economy

• Climate control
  • Usb ports
  • Navigation
  • Resale value
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review