Used 2012 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Passat

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Awesome Passat 2.5
By twmfam3

2012 Volkswagen Passat SE PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof, Nav (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great room great fit and finish great engine, transmission, steering and braking. I push this car hard when I'm on the Interstate, 80 plus mph for hours this car can run with the best and step out and lead with no problem. Change the oil 2x per year runs like a top. Great back seat room, great front passenger and driver comfort. Very well executed sedan.

VW Passat TDI SE Review
By M. Carey

2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Turbo Diesel fuel mpg is excellent: 45+ hwy, 33 - 39 city. Interior room is very spacious. Controls are friendly, simple, intuitive. Turbo diesel acceleration is sporty. Touchscreen is good but no navigation system. Most features are smart and helpful. Car requires little maintenance, so far. Overall, an excellent vehicle/purchase.

Edmunds has a great tool for finding a vehicle
By QATL

2012 Volkswagen Passat S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2012 VW Passat. The VW Passat has a great value at this time however I do regret that I have to wait for the airbags to get repaired. The vehicle was recalled for the airbag safety. This is my first time owning anything other than a Toyota, Camry. I was in the Toyota family for 25 years. I have only owned it for two weeks so we shall see if the VW family can live up to my expectations of a quality vehicle.

Solid, Reliable Car
By Justin

2012 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Appearance (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have now owned my Passat for nearly 5 years now. I have to say that this car has been very reliable. I have had no maintanance issues, there have been a couple recalls but for very minor things that I would have never noticed had I never received anything in the mail. I truly recommend this car for someone who wants something that is reliable, roomy, and affordable.

My FAVORITE CAR :)
By Natalie

2012 Volkswagen Passat S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just purchased this 2012 car with 38K miles. It only had 1 previous owner and that had taken meticulous care of this vehicle. I have never enjoyed commuting in traffic for 60-90 minuets one way every day, however, this car makes me look for reasons to drive it, very smooth ride, amazingly quiet and comfortable and the bluetooth makes all your cares disappear. Absolutely my best purchase in a car EVER! So pleased.