Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews - 203 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Passat

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

VW Passat Nothing but problems
By srijack

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a new 2007 VW Passat on looks alone. The car has been in the dealership for repair on a regular basis. It did'nt bother me when the car was under warrenty. However I just paid my last payment in July and the car went off warrenty a few months before. The engine light went on the day before Thanksgiving and I brought it to the dealer, the service manager called and went thru a list of problems. The list started with emissions problems, and ended with oil leaking into the engine. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership and got a manager. I told him that I would like them to buy the car back because I do not want it anymore. Apparently they do not want it either. Go figure.

VW should stop making cars perhaps making bicycles would be a better way of building a reliable means of transportation

BIGGEST MISTAKE!
By mmackey

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Passat in 08 and had to bring it to the shop after only 2 months. Check engine light has come on periodically since purchasing the vehicle. Gas tank build up that had to be cleaned (out of pocket almost $200). Breaks had to be replaced and rotars within 5 months. My key has been stuck in the ignition several times. We are already experiencing turbo lag. Also, knocking sound coming from the engine. We apparently blew a gasket that was spraying oil all over the engine. We have owned the vehicle for less than 2 years and have brought it to the shop 13 TIMES! We are looking to trade it in and are completely upside down! Pretty to look at but VERY UNRELIABLE! This will our last VW!

NEVER...EVER...AGAIN!!!
By Michelle

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car brand new in '07. "Service Now" light has appeared on dash since first oil change. Electronic E-brake has left me stranded, and now rarely works..gets stuck on daily. Interior "chrome" has peeled on shifter, as well as peeling on door lock buttons. Xenon bulbs have had to be replaced on both sides, twice..$165/bulb!! Driver's side heated seats only worked for one year. Rear seat has loose stitching in spots...seat has only been used a handful of times, ever. EPC light illuminated on dash and caused expensive repairs to fix. Door lock sensor became stuck on and needed to be brought in for service. Engine is now experiencing tremendous turbo lag. DO NOT BUY!!

Heated Seats (when they worked), spacious leg room, large trunk, red LED lights in ceiling, drunk opener on key fob, fun extras (esp the umbrella holder and water drain in the door) and traveling headlamps

A light in the glovebox!!!...LARGER glove box...NO Xenon headlamps...Manual Emergency brake! Need to add major extensions to the factory warantee!

Before you buy
By drad

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car 11 days ago. Took it back after 24 hrs w/ ignition coil issue (I was merging onto the highway and lost all power) Took it back again today and had all 4 spark plugs replaced. I have had check engine lights coming on and off everyday. The gas cap light keeps coming on as well. I really like the way the car looks and drives but I'm nervous about the cost to own it. I did buy a power train warranty which unfortunatly does not cover electrical issues. I would recommend having a mechanic that knows VW look at the car very closely before you buy it. Lots of little problems equal one big headache.

The over all look and sound. When you hit the gas it really does growl.

Dealership customer service and over quality of the car.

Regret !!!!!
By kang@malaysia

2007 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car give more problems than pleasure. After 1st service,1st problem the engine suddenly turn off when at the junction. Made me heart attack! It happen 4 times, the mechanic can't fix d problem. 2nd problem the transmission, when slow down the gear go descending from 4th gear to 3rd gear.Changing gear,a rough sound come out, I send it back to VW service center 4 check, the mechanic can't find any problem.Until now still waiting 4 the outcome. 3rd problem the dashboard and door rubber also give squeak. This would be my last vw i ever have. And the mechanics not proper trained, not even take care of my car, break d plastic engine cover, dashboard joint until now still waiting 4 d parts.

Please put more afford on QC check......