Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

2007 passat is a horrible product!
By passatsucks

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had several VW all new. The last one was a brand new 2007 passat I bought. Chck engine is constantly on! The inetrior (back) is peeling off even though no one ever sits there. I am in and out of the shop every month! If you get it all fixed then at least I would wake up with a flat tire! This is worst than my first used car which was a beat up saturn!! I will never go near VW again!! Its a cheap product and I puke when I see it. It's paid off and I am looking for a new car but I would rather ride the train than to buy another cheap behind german product. My husband bought a used BMW at the same time that I bought mine and he has had no problems at all..I am totally done with VW!!

LEMON!
By snowcoe

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a Certified Pre-Owned car with 36k miles and have had nothing but problems from the get go! I've brought my car in at least 7 times (3 of them occurring within the first 3 months) and I haven't even owned it for a year! The warranty has covered everything so far, but having to take it into the dealer every other month is such a pain; especially since they're not open on the weekends. It seems like as soon as one thing is fixed another breaks, not to mention the endless part recalls.
The most recent issue is excessive oil consumption (adding 3 quarts in between 5k oil changes) and will have to submit a claim to VW to have it fixed. Ridiculous! Pretty car, but regret buying it!

Interior is very comfortable and has many compartments. Lots of trunk space. Turbo engine fast!

Design a better car? Or at least hire people who understand and want/care to actually fix the endless amount of problems these cars have.

Too many problems, bye bye vw!
By jtmke

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A fun car to drive when it's not in the shop. As most people have noted electrical issues are constant and irritating. For me, it has been trunk latch issues - trunk won't latch or pops open when driving. Dealer took 3 visits to fix. Mirrors move unpredictably, sometimes while driving. A/c failed and whole compressor needed replacement. Every time the temp drops below zero the steering controls short meaning the whole unit must be replaced. All of this is under warranty but what a waste of time. I can't wait to get rid of this lemon - very sad considering this is my 4th vw. But never again!

Nice interior. Lots of headroom for 6'4" husband

Vw- don't Add bells and whistles if they are just going to fail.

VW Passat Nothing but problems
By srijack

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a new 2007 VW Passat on looks alone. The car has been in the dealership for repair on a regular basis. It did'nt bother me when the car was under warrenty. However I just paid my last payment in July and the car went off warrenty a few months before. The engine light went on the day before Thanksgiving and I brought it to the dealer, the service manager called and went thru a list of problems. The list started with emissions problems, and ended with oil leaking into the engine. I asked to speak to the owner of the dealership and got a manager. I told him that I would like them to buy the car back because I do not want it anymore. Apparently they do not want it either. Go figure.

VW should stop making cars perhaps making bicycles would be a better way of building a reliable means of transportation

BIGGEST MISTAKE!
By mmackey

I bought my Passat in 08 and had to bring it to the shop after only 2 months. Check engine light has come on periodically since purchasing the vehicle. Gas tank build up that had to be cleaned (out of pocket almost $200). Breaks had to be replaced and rotars within 5 months. My key has been stuck in the ignition several times. We are already experiencing turbo lag. Also, knocking sound coming from the engine. We apparently blew a gasket that was spraying oil all over the engine. We have owned the vehicle for less than 2 years and have brought it to the shop 13 TIMES! We are looking to trade it in and are completely upside down! Pretty to look at but VERY UNRELIABLE! This will our last VW!