Used 2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

worst vw ive ever owned
By landrover guy

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this passat new it was our second the first one a 2000 went 80k before we got rid of it, we had absolutely no real mentionable problems with that, that got us around 40 miles to the gallon. 2.0 motor this one has the turbo 2.0 it gets us between 12 and 26 on the freeway, it's junk. The warranty has been extensively used I had the complete ac replaced all the door switches replaced the shifter replaced the rear safety interlock replaced have had at least ten engine codes two pcv valves replaced reflashed the ecm twice updates they said, one battery, one alternator. The stereo replaced rear safety latches on center console replaced rear deck lid lock replaced one and more.

none other than i still have warranty on motor cant wait to see what's. next wife hates it. we are trading this junk in fast

stop making it in Mexico its obvious it would be better built in Canada or even Detroit for that matter. what junk. shame on vw.

In love with my Passat
By passatlove

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 3.6L 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Passat used, 2007 model in 2008 and absolutely love it! It came with the sport package which really sets the car off with the 18” wheels/tires and lowered suspension. When I was shopping for a car in 2007, I settled for a Jetta Wolfsburg edition because of my finances at the time and could not afford the Passat I really wanted. A year after I bought my Jetta I saw the Passat 3.6 w/sport package on the used lot of my local VW dealership. After talking with the sales manager I finally got a price I could afford. When my coworkers ride in my car they tell me that they really like how the interior is laid out and how the car rides and the exterior looks.

Dual power 12 way seats, climatronic, sport package, auto wipers, memory drivers seat/ext mirrors, dynaudio and the list goes on and on. Pretty much everything.

Let the engine run on regular gas. With the tiptronic controls on the steering wheel and the awesome power of the VR6 its really hard not "play" with the car.

The Real Deal
By radiogeek

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My 7th Passat, and 3rd of this "B6" series. I've had NO reliability issues with any. The 2007 Wolfsburg Editions are late model year production with packaged goodies including 2008 wheel style; they appear identical to a 2008 Komfort model. I paid just over $24,800--some $3K off sticker. You can't get this much European car for the money anywhere else. Make no mistake--unlike the Audi A4, this is NOT a sports sedan. Suspension settings and steering effort have been softened and seats "Americanized." However, it's a roomy family sedan with Euro flair and quality. Skip the thirsty VR6--the 2.0t engine is enough; it's happy with the 6 spd Aisin automatic, and plenty powerful off the line.

The interiors, even in vinyl form, are way above the class average, and nicely done. The 2.0t engine is very powerful with little turbo lag that plagued the 1.8t. There are APR chip kits that give VR6 power with much better fuel economy. Great hwy mpg but city mpg isn't if you keep your foot down!

Premium fuel is a must. Synthetic Oil consumption can be high, regardless of what VW calls "normal." Proper break in to seat oil control rings is essential! Maintenance now included for 36k on 2009 models; but bumper to bumper warranty is reduced from 4/50K to 3/36K--of real concern for VW owners!!

Typical German Quality
By bikerbob

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Me and my wife chose the Passat over the Accord and Camry for value, comfort safety and performance. The Accord was underpowered and the interior was very tight for us plus 1 baby with baby seat. And the Camry has more recalls and troubles than any car should. The Passat was only a few dollars more but it is truly the superior car.

Performance for entry level car,Excellent EPA mileage, features, precise transmission, interior comfort, huge cargo space and VERY HIGH BUILD QUALITY!

None but if I had to whine like a little girl about something, maybe it would be the faster shifting DSG tiptronic trans with paddle shifters.

Burns oil??
By Orion Cavins

2007 Volkswagen Passat Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 03 Honda Accord for the Passat. Love the car except the premium fuel requirement. Recently oil pressure light comes on in between oil change (10,000 miles between as recommended by manual). Had car towed to dealership. They said car can consume 1 qt for every 1200 miles, and Volkswagen considers that normal? This sounds like a design flaw to me. My accord went 10,000 miles between changes and never lost a drop. I had it well into the 80K area. I am not satisfied with their response to this so far. I didn't win this car in a raffle, and want it to last without worry. Other problems is radio had display glitch and air bag on drivers side had to be replaced. Not happy at this time

I love the acceleration in the mid range. Very smooth. Interior comfortable, and well designed controls.

No premium gas, no synthetic oil. STOP the oil burning, or oil using, or where ever the oil goes. More engineers than NASA... I have a design problem that could use a good review. If there is a benefit for this consumption, I would love to know what it is. So far its smoke and mirrors at dealership.