Used 2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Audi A6 wagon lite
By lfbmdpc

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a lot of Audi's. every bit as good although less stylish. Fun to drive, but a gas hog (so far - 9-12 mpg around town), hopefully will improve with time and break-in. No problems so far except cannot get driver seat memory to work.

Clean, functional german interior. "Ka-thunk" when door closes, tight suspension and great handling for a wagon, great fit & finish and superior cabin materials.

Gas hog, by reputation has poor repair / reliability history. Poor sales experience.

My husband got his first speeding ticket
By Paula Crosby

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Wow, this vehicle is great! What a difference from my soccer mom minivan. It is very responsiive, very comfortable, and very fast. This is quite a change UP.

All of them.

More storage room for "stuff." I need room for kleenex, chapstick, a pad of paper, a few pens and my purse. I am learning to live without all that "stuff." Which is not a bad thing!

All I have to say is Excellent!
By Angelia Neidhart

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car a few months ago and I think its the best investment I have ever made! This car is so easy to handle, has great power, comfortable, especially on long trips, great gas miles, and very good looking! Also very roomy inside. I love all the features. VW did a great job on this one! I love my car!

none!

I love this car
By Corder

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I had a VW Jetta before I bought my Passat, I loved both but the passat has a lot more room and lots of power. It is also a very stylish car.

I love the seat heaters,sunroof, and I love the turbo with the tip tronic.

More storage in console. Other than that it's a great car.

VW Passat
By Jessica Felker

2005 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really enjoy my Passat, because it is reliable and fun to drive. The interior is very comfortable; it has heated seating that really helps in the winter. My favorite thing about the car is the AWD. It drives wonderfully in the winter weather with no problems at all. You can hardly tell that you are driving in snow and ice. The car is quite and drives smooth. You can hardly tell that you are driving it. This car has definitly made VW the top car for me. I will never buy anything else other than a VW.

The AWD is my favorite feature because you cannot tell that you are driving on ice and snow. The car glides along with no problems.

The only thing I would improve is put tinted glass on the windows of the vehicles with leather interior or vinyl. The interior of my car gets really hot when the sun is beating on it and it is hard to sit down because the seats are so hot.