Used 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Luv, luv, luv my dream car
By jik

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

4 of us carpool 1 way 30 min. Backseat ok for normal size. Gas mileage could be better but luv, luv my dream car. Someone is always commenting about it as I did for many years b4 I bought it. Coworkers are happy I finally bought it because they were probably tired of me talking about it for about 5 yrs. I don't have a garage, unfortunately, but it is great in the snow. Haven't had any problems to date. Love to go riding on beautiful days with the top down.

Riding with the top down on a beautiful day. When it's a little cool, being able to put the heated seats on. Luv it!

Like other people said an automatic starter. But then again I have stick so guess I couldn't use anyway.

The Best One So Far....
By Ray Cavanagh

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I owned a 2002 SLK and 2003 BMW Z-4. After spending a fortune for upkeep of these two cars I dumped them both and bought a 2007 Convertible, and a 2008 Triple White coupe. They both run circles around my former car. I have homes in both Sacramento and Palm Springs, a ride of 500 miles. Both cars get me there in style and comfort. So far, I have been happy with both. The comfort level and handling has been outstanding. Love the fact that I am putting regular gas in and not the premium I was so use to. I will never do the luxury car route again when I can get a better car in the New Bug.

Love it all, style and seats.

Nothing, all a plus for me.

I'm in Love..! Could be a race car..
By Phil

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Love the Laser Blue color.!! This Beetle is much peppier than the old 2004 - 4 cylinder engine. Only drawback is when you drive fast you get 20 to 23 MPG in the city. The heated seats are the best new feature.! I wish the visors were wider or perhaps extended longer because they don't block side sun glare very well. The comfort is great, and the room is great. I have hauled a lot of stuff in this little car. My only other request is to make this car a hybrid. I have gotten 34 MPG highway using speed control. I beat an Austin Mini Cooper in a drag race and matched a Corvette for the first 50 yards, so this car is FAST.! Thanks VW for a car more fun than my 2004 New Beetle.!

Heated seats, folding down back seat, sunroof/moonroof.

Could you make this a hybrid? Should be some way to extend the visors wider to block side of car sun glare which can be really bad..! Side panels below the window should not be painted, they are too easy to scratch, perhaps make them soft plastic instead, colored?

Don't Fall Under The Cute Spell!
By harvestmoon

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Fell in love with the car's look and would be a happy camper if it weren't for all of the little hiccups the car had. I owned this car for 6 months. In those 6 months the top stopped working, the door locks and the cd player malfunctioned, the inside started rattling and squeaking, and the gas gauge broke. This was a 2007 NBC! If you are thinking about buying this car, please keep looking. Maybe a mini? Believe me when I say HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! If you already own one...good luck!

heated seats, color, body style, driver and front passenger space.

interior and electrical quality.

First Time Beetle Owner
By S.Horton

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned by Beetle for 7 months and have had no problems. I love this car. At first the look impressed me the most. I finally found a 5-speed, green model which was hard to come by. The way this car handles is great. It hugs the road and is the ultimate road-trip car. The fifth cylinder can really be felt on a steep incline and the cold-weather package has helped me through many a snowy morning! It handles in 6 inches of snow, no problem, and the sunroof makes the summer weather even better! If you are looking for a fun car with a low-maintenance feel and features then this is the car for you!

Body style: people will stop you on the street to ask about the car! Interior features: ample space, stereo sound, heated seats, dash style, trunk space is great.

This car needs extended visor panels for the brutal sunlight and tinting the windows is a must for summer! Better gas mileage would be nice but is average not poor. The trunk is difficult to close and should be remodeled to avoid dents in the trunk panel and to improve function.