Used 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Not Bad at All
By cfr5555

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought the car new in 2007 and have enjoyed it ever since. Good performance, but the handling could be a little tighter. MPG is constantly around the 30 mark. I have 40000 miles on it and it has not given me any trouble. There were a couple of squeaks/rattles at the beginning but they have since vanished. I would recommend this car from my personal experience. Happy Motoring.

Engine, exterior design, front seat(s) comfort.

TDI option again, improve handling.

Love it!
By nlinldsey

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This was my 2nd Beetle and I absolutely love this car! I recently sold mine since my family needs space. The car is very sturdy and well-built. I was impressed with how well it handled in stormy weather on the interstate. I also loved the space once the back seat folds down. It was spacious enough for my 75 pound Lab in her cage. I never experienced mechanical problems with it. My only complaint was the oil change would cost me $70 or more. This car requires Synthetic oil, which is more expensive than regular oil.

The sound system is excellent - the Monsoon System! I also love the gas mileage! I found the seats very comfortable. I owned a Honda Accord once and would often have back aches from the longer rides. However, this did not happen in the Beetle.

Build it so it can run on regular oil rather than Synthetic oil.

Luv Bug
By Bug Luver

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Love my Bug I get so many compliments on my car. It is so much fun to drive and my husband who is 6' 2" has plenty of room and is comfortable, it is my favorite car, the only improvement would be mpg, other than that the best car I have ever owned

fun colors

better mpg

Would buy another
By Kshobe

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I drove the car from Arizona to Mississippi and back. I got 24 to 30 MPG on the trip driving at an average speed of 75MPH on the interstate. I get 23 - 24 MPG driving around Phoenix on a daily basis. I love the torque. It is hard not to spin the tires from a full stop. I get some strange looks from the Mustang owners when that happens. I am 6'3" and have lots of head room but I had to remove the center arm rest to make room for my elbows. Now there is a big hole in the console but I'm comfortable. The road noise is the one thing I wish was better. Thankfully Phoenix put rubberized asphalt on all the freeways. It is very fun to drive.

Engine performance and gas mileage. I think the MPG improves the faster you drive.

Do more to cut road noise. Provide a model without the center arm rest.

Nice Ragtop
By Kayemtee

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My wife chose this car to replace a Sebring convertible. Wanted a clutch again before we got too old. Performance is adequate at best; acceleration reminds me of my old bugs of my youth. Clutch is not as smooth as Japanese cars. Great head and leg room (I'm six-two). Very quiet with top up at high speeds (much less wind noise than the Sebring). Heated seats (with five settings) are great! Gas mileage is poor (24 mpg) for a small car with a clutch with weak acceleration. Nice, solid build quality, pretty looking, but it is a chick car. Oil change is very expensive due to synthetic only and a non-standard filter. Trunk holds a lot but small opening. I like the car but glad we lease.

Heated seats. No wind noise with top up. Lots of leg and head room.

Better acceleration and better gas mileage.