Used 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

No more VW ANYTHING! for me!!
By Peppi

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I dig my car a lot! I have had my car for about 11 years now and I never used to have ANY issues with my car. However, this will be THE LAST! Volkswagen vehicle of ANY kind for me! They used to make Beetles to where they lasted for decades, but not really anymore. I know that vehicles are machines; therefore, they are going to have some issues, but come on!! One thing after another!! When one thing breaks- here breaks something else. The air bag light came on allegedly having to do with a code, but then I needed a newer battery that I had just bought not even quite 4 years prior! I was told that little things like the air bag will come on so it will bother you to take it do the dealership to get it repaired- they will find something the matter. After so many miles that you drive, little things like the light to something will appear among other things, too. I have also learned that when you buy a vehicle, make sure that you will be able to afford the parts- VW parts are WAAAAAAY to expensive! The car is expensive enough! When I see people driving down the road with a new Beetle, I think to myself that they have no idea what they have just gotten themselves into. The interior can be of better quality and material given fact that the car is very expensive. I have also learned that if you buy a Beetle convertible, keep in mind that the convertible top may be of very poor and of cheap quality; you will most likely need to replace the convertible top eventually and they are NOT cheap. I am done- NO more for me!

Have Loved Every Mile Driving My Bug!
By Cheryl Tamburri

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My 2006 VW NEW BEETLE 6 speed A/T came with everything available, clear down to convertible top boot, wind screen, leather everything, seat warmers, satellite radio. Arctic Blue with a gray top has been a rarity out here in CA, but that top has been down a zillion times in CA weather. 10 years and 80,000 miles later it still drives like the day I bought it; but it has been lovingly maintained and service schedules followed - the key to any car's longevity. Turbos were standard in this model and this little car kicks gas, so fun to drive. Having said that, it's a Bug, low tech as they come but efficient and with usual German sensibility everything is where it should be in the cockpit. Time to part company with the old girl, not easy, as she still looks like the day she left the dealer's lot. Hope she'll make somebody else as tickled to drive her as I've been ~ truly, best cat ever.

Mellow yellow
By Missy

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love my bug, I have one constant problem the head liner pops out from the back window every time I put the top down .Has been to the shop numerous times

I wouldn't do VW again.
By peppi1

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I happen to like my little car a great deal. I never dreamt that I would have ever owned a New Beetle Convertible. I like the color, build, and style. I rated the interior poorly because any time a part is needed, which is not that often, I find myself having to dish out a heck of a lot of hard-earned bills. To replace a simple part, VW interior parts come with the whole entire assembly... I guess they hope that they will get all of your money. It does not make sense to have to replace
the entire assembly just to need one small part. The parts are too expensive.If you touch the dashboard it bruises easily and my car leaks heavily when it rains when the windows are rolled up completely!

I like the way the seats heat up and the dashboard has a lot of room.

The dashboard doesn't need to make imprints so easily, the windows need to have a tighter connection so that whenever it rains, the windows will not leak rain; if so, it causes mildew. The car need not that many fancy commodities just to have to keep replacing and spend a lot of money to replace the entire assembly when all I needed was a small and simple part.

55,000 miles and the car won't start!
By beetle_owner

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is the cutest most fun to drive car ever....when it works. Oh...are
you thinking about taking the car to a mechanic outside of the dealership to have it worked on for cheaper? Don't even think about it...many mechanics either won't want to touch your beetle or they will not be able to fix it since it's an electrical nightmare that's built like a puzzle! And how is it that a chord has broken on the top? That happened at about 40,000 miles. One more thing...if something breaks, like the radio...you have to get it fixed right away before it starts affecting other electrical things in the car...sigh...selling it asap once it comes out the shop (been there a month already).

needs to be built right