Used 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Nothing Like It
By Salley

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is one cute car. It doesn't feel too big or too small. It gets fairly good gas mileage compared to others. Do expect a blind spot, it is a convertible. The top sits on the back to give that nostalgic look and feel. They tried to keep the old look but offer modern features as well. The top is easy to put up or down. The stereo is as good as you can get in a car of that size. Once you have one it will be a must for your family.

The cuteness and how easy it is to park. It's a Beetle, that says it all!

Bring back white with the navy top and offer the hard top in in the Aqua color. Also a 4Motion Beetle would be the best. Perhape offer moon hubcaps/wheel covers and whitewalls.

Smiles At Ya
By Zonk

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We have raised our families on old and new Beetles. We have owned a 1966, 1972, 1979, a 1968 Ghia, along with a 1999 New Beetle, tomoatoe red hardtop. We have always wanted a convertible and finally found the opportunity to own one this year. This new salsa red with tan interior and top is our "dream come true Beetle." It is fun to drive with the roof up or down. The power roof is sweeeeeet. The leather interior is nice and comfortable. The dash is ergonomically freindly. The Beetle sound system has a very quality sound. We have the 17" tires and wheels and I think the ride is compromised with this combination. Our Beetle always draws comments and waves when cruising the highway.

I really like the exterior design, power roof, and sound system. The tan roof/interior is a very nice combination with the salsa red exterior. The rain sensor windsheild wipers are also nice. Finally, we love the way the New Beetle smiles at you from the front or rear.

I would enjoy radio controls on the stering wheel. Power seats would be a nice addition, also.

I'm in LOVE!
By JordanHarris

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I got my car a week ago tomorrow. I know what you're thinking...:Isn't that a little early to write a review?" well I can't control myself...I LOVE it! It's a blast to drive (especially with the top down), it is SSSSUPER cute, and it gets lots of stares, honks, waves, and compliments. The color is sexyyy (salsa red). I love the interior, it's leatherette, but everyone thinks it's real leather. The gas mileage is great! The trunk space is more than I had expected. And the key is cool. Well I'm going to go drive some more!

EVERYTHING!

More storage in the interior would be nice. Other than that I can't think of anything.

Fun in the Sun!
By Bino Bug

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We've had nothing but a fine experience with out VW Beetle. We orginally went shopping for a Mini Cooper, but we fell in love with the VW. The performance and features as well as price were comparable to the Mini, but the available service in the U.S. were the turning point in our decision to go VW and we our so glad we did!

The 2.5 liter, 5 cylinder engine, 4 wheel disc brakes, overall appointments, and how it is so well made.

None...we're in love with the car!

Love It!
By Nancy

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Beetle is a great, sporty car. I bought it in Platinum Grey. It has a nice sporty feel and a suprisingly powerful engine for such a small car! The dealership was great, very professional. What an awesome car!

The convertible top. This is a cute car, unlike any other.

The back seat is a little tight.