Used 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Smiles At Ya
By Zonk

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We have raised our families on old and new Beetles. We have owned a 1966, 1972, 1979, a 1968 Ghia, along with a 1999 New Beetle, tomoatoe red hardtop. We have always wanted a convertible and finally found the opportunity to own one this year. This new salsa red with tan interior and top is our "dream come true Beetle." It is fun to drive with the roof up or down. The power roof is sweeeeeet. The leather interior is nice and comfortable. The dash is ergonomically freindly. The Beetle sound system has a very quality sound. We have the 17" tires and wheels and I think the ride is compromised with this combination. Our Beetle always draws comments and waves when cruising the highway.

I really like the exterior design, power roof, and sound system. The tan roof/interior is a very nice combination with the salsa red exterior. The rain sensor windsheild wipers are also nice. Finally, we love the way the New Beetle smiles at you from the front or rear.

I would enjoy radio controls on the stering wheel. Power seats would be a nice addition, also.

I'm in LOVE!
By JordanHarris

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I got my car a week ago tomorrow. I know what you're thinking...:Isn't that a little early to write a review?" well I can't control myself...I LOVE it! It's a blast to drive (especially with the top down), it is SSSSUPER cute, and it gets lots of stares, honks, waves, and compliments. The color is sexyyy (salsa red). I love the interior, it's leatherette, but everyone thinks it's real leather. The gas mileage is great! The trunk space is more than I had expected. And the key is cool. Well I'm going to go drive some more!

EVERYTHING!

More storage in the interior would be nice. Other than that I can't think of anything.

Fun in the Sun!
By Bino Bug

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We've had nothing but a fine experience with out VW Beetle. We orginally went shopping for a Mini Cooper, but we fell in love with the VW. The performance and features as well as price were comparable to the Mini, but the available service in the U.S. were the turning point in our decision to go VW and we our so glad we did!

The 2.5 liter, 5 cylinder engine, 4 wheel disc brakes, overall appointments, and how it is so well made.

None...we're in love with the car!

Love It!
By Nancy

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Beetle is a great, sporty car. I bought it in Platinum Grey. It has a nice sporty feel and a suprisingly powerful engine for such a small car! The dealership was great, very professional. What an awesome car!

The convertible top. This is a cute car, unlike any other.

The back seat is a little tight.

The Worst Car I Have Ever Purchased
By Beth A. Donovan

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The top hit the back head rests. VW of America had to come in twice to fix this issue and it still does not work perfectly. Also, my car's windshild wipers had to be replaced at 10,000 miles. The air conditioning leaks on my feet. The headlight fell out after the second week. The alter light does not register when the top is down and the alarm sounds, 8 out of 10 times.

The moonbeam color.

Get the convertible top working properly.