Used 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Love my Bug
By deb

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am enjoying my car so much. I haven't had any trouble other than my CD player not working, but it was still under warranty so it was replaced. I feel like I'm driving a sports car and it definitely turns heads everywhere I go. VW service depart has been great, always very friendly and helpful. I am very glad I purchased this car and look forward to years of driving it.

Convertible top

rearview visibility

Little Green Machine
By RsWine5

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

All I can say is I love it! I went from a F150 to a Bug. It drives like a sports car, the handling is great. 2 weeks after my purchase I drove R/T from Texas to West Virginia, the gas seemed to last forever, comfortable the whole way. I had the oil changed when I returned + tire rotation, cost - 18.79. I was told to have the oil changed every 5000 miles. All in all, it's a great little car! Oh, one problem: Trying to get a 100 pound Lab in the back seat for her Vet visit.

Handling, Sun Roof, interior, radio, how back set folds down, the little turn nobs for the floor rugs. Oh, and the flower.

Really don't have any, but if something comes up, I will be back.

Love my Bug
By Bug sailing

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my 4th VW. My first was a 1974 Super Beetle loved it,Rabbit Convertible fun, 03' Convertible new beetle, and my current purchase is a pre-owned 06' new beetle. Of course the beetle has changed since the early years but they are sooo fun to drive and still after all these years get the heads turning. Everyone loves the bug!I love the tight feel of the new bug,one could almost think they are driving a real sports car! Service is good and I love Bug sailing!(driving with the top down) My only complaint is there is no cargo space limits your shopping!I shall check back later!

The tight suspension,seats,stereo,the cool red and blue interior lights electric roof.

Back seat should fold down flat for extra cargo space.

Not happy
By Beth P.

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Have owned this vehicle less than 3 years and I have had to have the drivers side headlight replaced twice. The driverside exterior mirror just cracked down the middle for no reason. I have had trouble with the power windows. Have spoken with other owners and their having the same electrical problems. I am not impressed with this vehicle. Planning on trading it in on something more reliable.

Driving with the top down.

Fix the electrical problem

Great ride !
By Dano

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just purchased a leased 2006 conv. beatle...pale blue/black top. I've read these discontented reviews ,but, I feel great about my bug! When I purchased it there was still a 2 year original warranty on it. I also added 2 more years, which I would recommend with any used vehicle. I can't believe it rides like a large vehicle for such a small wheel base. I did have a/c compressor go out but it was under warranty and repaired in one day. It's ice cold! rear window would not go back up. again repaired in one day NO CHARGE. folks at the dealership are very nice, friendly, and professional. Absolute fun. People often let me know they love the look.

Please note: Some have complained about the cost of oil changes. People should know that VW's oil changes are every 3 YEARS!When changing the oil it is recommended to go to a dealership.Also transmissions are all sealed. If your looking for a fun ride just BUY ONE YOU'LL LOVE IT

At this moment can't think of one, but, if something should pop-up I'll let you all know!