Used 2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Paint Problems
By Sean

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Beetle. I have always driven Cherolets, but I love my VW Bug. It is amazingly fun to drive and looks great...BUT...it has major paint issues. I have the Harvest Moon (Cream) colored Beetle. My front bumper has been in the shop six times in under a year's time! It has been very disappointing.

I love the convertible top and great style.

Fix the terrible paint quality and terribe cup holders, espceially their location. Everything plastic has broken at least once also!

Fun, Fun, Fun!
By Teresa

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Dark Flint Edition 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a Lincoln Aviator on this car and I don't miss it a bit! The 2005 Volkswagen Beetle is sooo much fun to drive and turns heads daily. I love it, love it, love it!!!!

The heated seats are beter than my Lincoln Aviator's were! The seats are comfortable with adequate support.

Was a little disapointed with the gas mileage - I only get 23 mpg city.

2005 Volkswagen Beetle
By arlene

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. But here are the negatives in order of importance: Poor visability when backing up. Paint chips off easily inside and out. Problems with flaps and windows (recall).

It's a convertible, with quick up and down of roof.

Eliminate the flaps, give it better paint, and better visability.

Yellow Bugster
By Richard

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my bug! It has plenty of power, is easy to drive, and handles well. I get plenty of postive comments from others when we stop. The cup holder will not allow a 12oz drink can to fit without flipping it out toward the passenger seat though.

XM radio is really nice option.

Add better drink holders.

New Beetle "Flint Edition" Convertible
By steve645

This car is fun to drive. It's easy on the wallet when it comes to the gas pump. It is roomy enough for two adults or two adults and two kids under 5 feet tall (rear seat). I have only had it for three weeks, but it seems like a good choice for a sub-compact. If they would've had the turbo diesel, we would've gotten it.

Very bad visibility when backing up and when checking the road behind you.