Used 2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews - 185 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Awesome bug!
By paw

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDi 2dr Hatchback

This is an awesome car. Yes it has it'smoments, like trying to figure out the additive ratio for the diesel in the winter. Once that was done--that was all that was needed. As for being economical--well I get 550-700 miles on a tank of fuel. I have nothing else to say!

I love the great gas mileage and drivability! This car has an amazing amount of cargo room.

Improve the fuel door, it jams once in while.

I Hate My Car
By cd

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback

I will never buy another Volkswagen again. I can't wait to get rid of my lemon. It is one problem after another. Not just with the car, but with my Volkswagen dealership. I'm tired of taking my car back to get the same things fixed over and over. Not to mention the time the mechanic at the dealership told me my car was fine and let me drive away with an overheating car. The problems never end. In my 1998 Beetle, it was the air conditioning, which broke three years in a row. There were many other things wrong with that year, but I decided to give VW another chance and got a 2000 model. Stupid me, this car is a mess. My independant mechanic told me he wanted to shoot my car, I feel the same :(

Once upon a time I might have said my car looked cute.

My car keeps overheating, so maybe a radiator you can actually pour water into, instead of one you can't get to unless you take off the front bumper! Cupholders you can actually use...so many other things, I think this car needs to stop being made.

Just don't...
By UGH!

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback

I have had nothing but one problem after another since I bought this car and it only had 12,000K miles on it! Now after I have spent $2,000 plus a $1,500 warranty, I am going to take a huge loss on the trade too. This car stinks and now everyone knows it. Just save yourself the trouble.

Fun to drive.

Everything.

I love this car
By I Love my Beetle

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback

Since I got this car, there was only one problem with it and it was EZ Lube's fault. Took it there for an oil change and the next day oil was on my driveway. I recommend getting a Beetle. It's one of best cars I ever had and I think it's really reliable. All these other people who had problems with it probably didn't really take good care of their Beetles. My Honda Civic had more problems than this car.

The color, Uni-Red :) the overall look of the car, the CD-Changer, everything!

The dealers shouldn't charge so much for service. One of my headlights burned one dealer told me it cost $54 to fix it if I had a bulb and $74 to fix it without the bulb. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and they did it for free. And the bulb cost like $10 at AutoZone.

2000 Volkswagen Beetle
By sandy

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car for my daughter. It's the worst car we've ever had. Major problems. Interior parts come off in your hand. Go to web sites before purchasing a bug. I traded it for a Saturn!

The look.

Much better quality and reliability because it is Made in Mexico.