2016 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Bang for your Buck

2016 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Bang for your Buck
By Stuart on

2016 Volkswagen Jetta 1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

If you judge a car for what it is designed for, the Jetta is tough to beat. I got the 1.4 SE with a manual. Acceleration is more than adequate if not peppy. Handling is the same. It is quiet on the inside. I drove this back to back with a 2015 Camry SE thinking the Camry would be better, but actually liked the Jetta better. The Jetta had less road noise, smoother engine, and better ride. I also drove this with other competitors and still found this a cut above. This is not a sports car, but sportier than most in its category and is engaging to drive. The new infotainment for 2016 is great. I would bet that Apple Play/Android auto will be on most cars soon. The sound system is better than I anticipated. The only real cost cutting I see is the interior door panels. People talk about the dash, but to me that is a non issue since I never come in contact with it. In the end this is still basically an economy car. Gas Mileage is spot on with the sticker, maybe a little better on the highway. Back seat room is good. Trunk room is generous, but the trunk opening could be a little larger. So far no regrets. VW's can be had for significant discounts to sticker with diesel scandal going on. You can probably get at least $3k knocked off pretty easily. I also have kids who will be driving in the next few years. It will make a great car to learn in. It is a good size and easy to get used to.

• Acceleration
  • Road holding
  • Shifting

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review