Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

The Good and bad
By ihatebadrivers

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car used from a local dealership.
I have found the gas mileage to be great but the transmission has a mind of its own at lower speed and sometimes while slowing down to a stop it clunks into a lower gear.
Its disturbing and annoying (almost scares me) when it does this.
Sometimes when I put it in gear (mostly in reverse it hesitates and then goes in gear suddenly.
I have to make sure I always have me foot firmly pressed so it doesn't lurch forward or backwards suddenly.
I don't know if this is normal for all Jettas this year or not but it makes me think that I could have transmission problems down the road?!
It does have plenty of pickup when I put it in "sport mode"

Great price and still German overall quality. Plenty of room for the family.

Ugly dash and air vent styling! Seats have odd levers for adjustment. Boring interior dash and lighting. Hideous radio (it looks like aftermarket) Improve the transmission! It rides bumpy and squirley on the freeway. (improve the ride, suspension for better handling. Fan air is loud when turning up the heat. Sounds like an engine on a plane?!

Not a good choice
By bcr410

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car has had nothing but problems, major problems.

To begin, there is a air leak seal issue in both the front and back windows causing a wistle sound that is very annoying.

Electrical issues with the horn / heated mirrors not working, and most recent, a rack and pinion that failed.

I will never buy another VW And would not reccomend anyone else buy one ither.

The design and look of the car

If the car is going to have so many issues, a better warrenty should be given. In addition, vw of america should offer better support and assistance with problem solving and handling of issues

Puts a smile on your face
By cdub504

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

There aren't many cars that one can own that gives you a communal feeling like you get from owning a vw. This is my second vw purchase, despite a 6 year Mazda relationship that ended, it was time.
After test driving a new focus I found this white gold metallic beauty with 17in vw rims and well that test drive put a smile back on my face. At 22k it drives perfectly with enough pick up for my daily commutes and looks really great. I didn't read too much into the cheap interior reviews, I love it, love the stereo system and satellite radio.
The onl thing I can caution a new buyer on is the love bite that seems to happen when you first open the center counsel...consider yourself warned!

Looks---looks like an Audi crime behind Horsepower---it's not an v8 but Its just right Rims, radio, color...should I keep going?

Add cruise to the steering wheel, add GPS, lumbar for drivers seat would be nice and well, a redesigned center armrest.

Lemon
By honestengine86

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle new in nov/2010. "Sportline 2.5l" with every possible option. To this date it has been seen 16 times for warranty work. Totalling well over $3,800 (not including recalls) ..
I’m terrified to own this car outside of a warranty. Cheap materials all throughout.
enough said.

vw shouldnt cheap out on the little things

Ex Japanese buyer now German....
By cube69

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my first car that wasn't Japanese but I'm very happy I made the switch.
The Jetta has more room than any other in its class.
The doors close with a solid thud to let you know the difference in the quality and fit and finish of this car compared to others.
The Jetta feels solid on the road with no excessive road noise like my Honda.
I like the design of the Jetta which I feel will last with time.
My next car will be VW, I like German engineering and safety.

Heated seats, styling and touch screen stereo.

Gear ratio on take off.