Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Green Car
By jasper933

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Very satisfied with the Jetta TDI. The drive (on dry pavement), comfort, and fuel economy are outstanding. Good green car and alternative to a hybrid. One can tell it is a diesel on a cold morning. When temperature is below 30, the car does sound like a diesel truck. The car does not handle well in snow. Does not have good traction.

The fuel economy puts a hybrid to shame. I am averaging 48 MPG on the highway. Great they added Sirius radio to the TDI. Really like the MPG monitoring. Like the heated seats. Bluetooth integrates well with a T-Mobile phone, interesting.

Automatic switching from daytime running lights to night lights. Lack of tone control on the radio. Still not sure about reliability.

I am stocked
By ggeeoo

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have not drove a VW since my brothers VW transporter in 1972 trip to Baja Mexico. We bought a clean Diesel TDI Jetta wagon I have drove 280 miles and my tank is still 1/2 full. I had to junk my 11 year old Buick Park Ultra Sedan. The steering collapsed. I am a big guy 6' 4" the Jetta fits me great. Leg room elbow comfort, hip space head room comfy seats. Lots of electronics the radio and speakers are concert hall quality. I can put my entire CD collection on one 4gb flash card and plays the all. Next year a HOMELINK feature would be good. I love it what a nice car. After reading the history I did not know the British ran the company.

Comfort head rest, Elbow rests in the door water storage in door. The radio. The intelligent wipers. Power as the MPG,White on White interior and exterior panoramic roof so much light.

Homelink and more storage in the dash.

You gotta drive this car
By love the v dub

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

being 42 yr old driver I have had several new and used cars in my lifetime to this point. By far this car is a blast to drive handles like my old 280 zx but gets 40+ miles to the gallon. acceleration,cornering and all around performance is top notch . Interior is well laid out the seat could be a slight touch larger but are comfortable more sporty than plush. All in all if the expected reliability is what its supposed to be I can see myself still driving this car in 7 years from now. And what I save a month on gasoline from not driving my pick up it is just about 3/4 of my car payment

DSG transmission sport regular auto or tip tronic. The built in controls in steering wheel phone stereo and trip computer all at your finger tips.

Bring back the puddle lights and key acess to the truck from the outside. And when you say a full size spare make it the FULL SIZE not an inch smalller.

jetta tdi
By oerub

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After 10,000 miles i can't think of a more comfortable car for the money. A little more cabin noise than I expected. Now getting 43-45 mpg on the highway. Great car. Interior definitely showcases german build quality and attention to detail. Transmission is very smooth. Very happy and satisfied with it.

Sound system is great. Transmission is excellent.

A little more insulation for road noise.

it's a no brainer
By klaus

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Have 2800 miles on the car and no problems. Drives like a rocket in some RPM ranges and like a donkey in other RPM ranges. You have to get to know this engine, which is a jewell, and that makes it very interesting. Best of all i am averaging 42 miles per gallon and tank up every 2 weeks on a 14.5 gallong tank getting 600 miles per tank. Diesel is at about $2.90 per gallon so that equates to about $38 bucks every two weeks. I drive 50 miles per day plus the usual errands. Love that diesel "Purr" when in heigh gears, it tells me I am in low compsumptionn mode. Blue Tooth is great even without navigation syst. Fit and finnish on paar with Audi, inside and out. Stereo wonderfull.

Engine, Milaege, Bluetooth, fit/finnish.

Better ingress/egress, better cup holders. Typical Germanic choppy ride over un-even pavement......however great steering, Nuetral and centered.