Used 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Never thought I'd love a wagon :)
By Makr

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI - Candy White, Black Interior, 6-speed. My wife wanted something with room and good gas mileage(not easy to find, as you may already know). I wanted something fun to drive. BAM! VW has the perfect solution. We've only got a little over 1K miles, but this car is great and grows on me more every day. 6-speed is a blast to drive, does not feel like a station wagon at all. Plenty of room for us, our daughter w/ car seat, 2 dogs and luggage on last road trip. What a great feeling to look down and see that you're cruising along at 75+ mph and getting 42+ mpg!! We plan on keeping this car for a LONG time...thanks VW!

Fit and Finish, MPG, Low End Torque, Room In Trunk, Drivers Seat and Positioning, Touch Screen Radio, Leather Steering Wheel, 17" Wheels.

Better Interface w/ Ipod (can be a bit awkward to find a particular song), slightly more leg room in back seat....that's really about it, the rest of car is great.

tdi fun to drive
By brad

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Did a lot of checking on many cars such as focus,civic and camery. After driving all of them so glad I went with the Tdi jetta. Has more pick up handles better then all the rest on the list and I am getting 42mpg going to and from work and one third of that is in the city.Inside the sound system is great. Love the seating and trunk space is great. You will love this car

The MPG getting over 600 miles per tank

Ow, my back...
By bkelly

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

2010 Jetta TDI, silver. Car is well- built, handles like nothing else I've ever driven. Diesel performance is very good - although you have to get used to it. MPG is fantastic - >40 all the time, even in city driving. So, I'm selling it. Reason - I find the driver's seat amazingly uncomfortable. At 5'11", 205 lbs I don't fit into it, the surface is hard, and the seatback specifically resonates with the vibrations in both the engine and rear suspension - all the way up to the headrest. I've driven trucks and buses for almost 30 years, I've never been so uncomfortable. I don't know what I was thinking on the test drive. Shame on me...

MPG, driver controls, solid feel (except for front seats), huge trunk.

Softer, heavier seatbacks on front seats, better OEM tires.

TDI Sportwagen not all it's spozed 2B
By zenmoose

I bought the thing in a bit of a rush in June to get the tax break, though I had researched it. I bought a basic TDI wagon w/ no moon roof. Basic bluetooth only calls out as another reviewer commented. (Are you kidding me? LAME!) OK. Forget the bluetooth, can't be fixed or flashed. It needs to be replaced at better than a grand. Sigh. The car is fairly well built, looks good, rides ok, moves along well enough. It has a design flaw. This heavy (200 lbs more than the sedan) beast is PRONE TO STALLING. I have driven many manuals, but this is a problem. It has an ultra light flywheel. If it lugs, ECU shuts off at 850 revs! You must turn the key all the way off to restart (Danger!)

Mega Mileage! 45 mpg is quite likely. Roomy in front and back. Climate controls are simple. Rides like a mushy sport truck and handles normal road conditions. Pretty quick for a 140 HP motor.

Lighten the body and increase the flywheel weight. Improve the clutch and accelerator feel. Use aluminum pedals. Make the bluetooth fully functional. Pleather smells bad and feels sticky, substitute cloth/fabric.

Solid Effort from VW Lets You "Go Green"
By wk

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

2010 Jetta TDI; Graphite Blue, Titan Black interior; 6 spd; 17" rims. Love the styling of this car inside and out -- paint color is absolutely gorgeous. Interior fit and finish is stellar, especially for this price range. Trunk is enormous. Everything you touch feels solid and thoroughly German. Genuine leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter a nice touch. V-tex seating surfaces do get insanely hot, but they're the best synthetic leather interior pieces I've seen -- can't wait to try the heated seats in the winter. Above-average mileage around town, terrific mileage on the highway. It's not a dragster, but accelerates strongly on the highway (3rd-6th), and is quite bored at 90 mph.

Interior/exterior design, trunk size, safety ratings, fuel consumption. 3rd gear is wonderful, as are 4-6. Plenty of low-end grunt and reasonably good handling (you won't mistake it for a 3-series). Make sure to pay attention to your speed, because it will keep accelerating until you get arrested.

Turbo lag, especially in 1st and 2nd. If you don't rev it to 4k in 1st, it's like sticking your foot in a bucket of Vaseline in 2nd, until the turbo kicks in at about 2500. Pretty significant road noise with 17" rims (low-profile tires). Dealer experience was/is abysmal, but the car sold itself.