Used 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

WHAT AN AMAZING CAR!!!!!!
By Kevin Daniel

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is such a great value from the finely tuned engine to the feature filled interior. The Sports Edition (SE) includes amazing leather interior, ipod adapter, six Cd changer, heated seats,power windows and locks, sunroof, and a/c. The engine is a 2.5 liter 170 hp 177 pound feet of torque german engineered work of art. The vehicle still gets around 30 mpg and delivers a punch of power for a 4 cylinder. The exterior styling is very appealing and is designed in a very aerodynamic way. This car blows away others in its class like the camry, accord, and altima and still remains cheaper than all of them.

Great Engine, Superior Interior, Great Sound system, and still gets good gas mileage.

Only real problem would be the design of the sunroof control as it is hard to know when the roof is in closed position while driving. Maybe could improve the front styling of the car but other than that pretty much perfect.

Very pleased
By Larry Reemtsen

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It far exceeded my expectations and I used to manage a BMW center. You know your in a German car. I drive L.A. traffic to do what I do and the freeways are a great test and will reveal a cars weaknesses and attributes. I drove the civic first and found it too under powered at 140 HP. The Jetta with 170 gets you there quick and can handle the Harbor Freeway well. Great gas mileage as well. My delivery at Pasadena VW was perfect.

the power of the car for it's price and size.

none

Upscale German Car at an Affordable Price
By Mark056

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This has been a fun car to own and drive since I purchased it on 4/30/09 with about 55K miles so far. I love the handling and performance, plus the general comfort level of the interior. After driving a Buick Century for the last seven years, it was nice to get back into something that wasn't like driving an overstuffed pillow ! I have the basic "S" model, the only upgrade belong an automatic transmission and I really love this car. Even the basic model is so well equipped that I do not feel that I am driving a basic model. I recommend this car to anyone who respects and admires German engineering whose budget precludes an Audi or BMW. This car is a winner.

I love the basic sound system, the handling characteristics and the safety features which make this car one of the safest on the highway, also the Sport Mode in the automatic transmission can give the car a little extra "oomph" when it is needed.

I think the cabin could be a soundproofed a little better, and the air conditioner while adequate for Northeast US summers could work a little faster and get just a tad cooler, but this is not a big deal. Considering all the features, I'd like to automatic headlights on and off as a standard feature

Great car with an amazing engine!
By Jay Pichardo

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love driving the car, I went to look at a GLI but The wolfsburg is a better bang for the buck. even with the body kit I came $4K cheaper than the GLI. car is a looker and I get lots of compliments. The Nav system is amazing also

NAV System, 2.0T engine!

Fog lights should be standard!

The Best Kept Secret of the Auto World..
By Equalizer

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Absolutely amazing car. I just traded a 2000 A4 for the Jetta, as the A4 was ridiculously overpriced. I was hesitant about getting the Jetta, after driving the A4 for 10 years, but one test drive, and I couldn't wait to trade the Audi in. I have had the Jetta one week, and am thrilled with it. It is fun to drive, easy to drive, comfortable, and utilitarian. I think this is the best kept secret in the auto world....

Everything...

Would love to have steering wheel controls, and the trip computer that my Audi had. Also, at least a full power driver's seat...